Extra Wheels

Bike
2010 ST1300
They are called Landing Gear, you can buy them for Harleys and some other bikes. When you slow to around 6 mph, they deploy down to stabilize the bike.
Heres one brand and I think this is the originator, the Landing Gear Brand. You can read up on them, but the latter is air pressure deployed. While googling 'landing gear for motorcycle' I saw a third brand. If you get a pair, let us know what you think.

Bike
2010 ST1300
More interested in the HUGE back box overhanging Way back on the adjacent v strom (48litre).
My VStrom came with Solo Box panniers (brand) and a top case. The top case was large enough to carry a cadaver, or two. I never mounted it. It is really huge. If I get a chance I'll go up in the attic later and measure it.

motofisch

(Scott)
Bike
2006 ST1300
VStrom or not, that box is mounted too far back and too high up IMO. It would only take a couple of pounds of cargo in there to SERIOUSLY affect the handling in ways you would NOT want to experience.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
I first saw wheels like that in a post here some years back. A military vet was a huge H-D fan but also a combat disabled double amputee. A firm provided 'landing gear' and hand shifting and he was able to ride. Pretty amazing. My hat's off to anybody willing to go to the extent of extra wheels to ride – despite the slings and arrows of outrageous misfortune.

Top Bottom