'06 ST1300
STOC #

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
aka "Soft Ties."
Is this for securing luggage / stuff sacks, or tying down the bike for transport?
I always use soft ties, "always" meaning on the rare occasions my bike is shackled in disgrace to a trailer.
NOTE: I live in the South, so for those who deal regularly with snows and ices, no disrespect. But there's seldom an excuse to put a bike on a trailer, down here. If it is, that means I dug myself a mechanical sinkhole, and am seeking aid as I retreat.

EDIT: another new fave of mine (well, not really so "new") are RokStraps, in lieu of the notorious and formerly ubiquitous bungee cords:
https://rokstraps.com/
Found at all the usual online retailers, and sometimes locally. Depending on what is "local." Especially useful if you have an empty tail rack, like with no top box on it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Willsmotorcycle

Willsmotorcycle

Ride more...
Site Supporter
Bike
2016 ST1300P
2024 Miles
@Sadlsor Luggage, if I had a few of the rocstraps lying around that would have been better. The wife bought a Vespa and it was to far away to drive back, dealer gave us two to tie down in the truck, I lost one, or so I thought, and bought another pack so I had 4 in the tool box.

Bike
2005/06/07 ST1300
Love the rocstraps, but before that I used something similar to the OP. That works as well. Nice part about those is that if you have a breakdown and need to be decked to a shop, those straps can double as securement on the crash bars for the oversize hooks that normally are on a tow truck. But really hauling a broken ST is so rare anyways correct?

STRider

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 ST1300A
STOC #
Wow, like minds...

I've used soft ties PLUS ROK Straps like this on my 1300 too.

This is me hauling the three Roadcrafter jackets and one pair of pants to the FedEx-Kinkos to return to Aerostich, which they had sent me for sizing.

I used the passenger grab rails and the soft straps on the tip over bars to attach. Needed the soft straps mostly to extend the length of the ROK Straps to fit over the two boxes.

My well-weathered and shrinking red Roadcrafter will be superseded by a Hi-Vis yellow one when the material arrives.

All of them share a home in the storage tube under the passenger section of my Sargent seat.

1620946296561.png

1620946308553.png

Top Bottom