Farkle arrived today!

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
Nothing new to some of y'all, but I'm excited!
The dash shelf I have been waiting for, and thanks to @Landfellow and our For Sale marketplace, I have what I was wanting -- and best of all, for less than retail (my motto: Never Pay Retail!)
It's cooler than I even thought - check out the engraved Honda wing in the 2nd pic. Nice touch!Migsel dash1.jpgMigsel dash2.jpg

Bike
'03 ST1300 ABS
Congrats! Love mine.. looks stock. puts the GPS in exactly the right place for me, center above the instruments.. you can monitor the GPS without taking your eyes off the road ahead. Doesn't take take much time to change focus between road and GPS..

So enjoy!

The dash shelf I have been waiting for, and thanks to @Landfellow and our For Sale marketplace, I have what I was wanting -- and best of all, for less than retail (my motto: Never Pay Retail!)
It's cooler than I even thought - check out the engraved Honda wing in the 2nd pic. Nice touch!Migsel dash1.jpgMigsel dash2.jpg

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
Congrats! Love mine.. looks stock. puts the GPS in exactly the right place for me, center above the instruments.. you can monitor the GPS without taking your eyes off the road ahead. Doesn't take take much time to change focus between road and GPS..

So enjoy!
Ah, I remember those blissful days of pre-presbyopia.

Reactions: Obo
OP
OP
Sadlsor

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
Interested, Where did you get it?
I have learned to check our For Sale section (see the blue ribbon, top of this page) on a regular, if not frequent, basis.
Missed out on a couple GREAT deals from members here, but in this instance I scored the dash mount from @Landfellow.
But then again, there's no good reason for YOU to check it now, as all the "good" stuff is already sold. ;)
(I'm such a jerk.)
First come, first served.
Some real treasures slip through For Sale, at sure-enough pirate prices. Do you like browsing flea markets...?

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
That is a really nice bit of kit. And it can literally pay to scout the For Sale forum. I've seen some great deals go through.

Gus1300

Site Supporter
Bike
04 1300A
Curious as to how it mounts via the two outer points...as others have pointed out, those are simply push pins in the original configuration. I was looking to fabricate something myself over a winter break but didn't have one last year and haven't decided for sure how I want to secure the bar yet this year. The push pins simply go into PLASTIC mounts on the lower dash molding, those break and you're out an ability to keep it secure.

So just wondering what this product uses and once you get it on, how well it stays/feels/etc to you.

Thanks!

OP
OP
Sadlsor

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
There are 2 small tapped, aluminum blocks that go between the 2 plastic dash pieces, so there are 2 screws included that go into these blocks and replace the nefarious plastic trim clips on top, in the middle.
That is a keen observation, and I will take pictures to further illustrate the install.
Plans are to do this tonight after work.

jfheath

John Heath
Site Supporter
Bike
2013 ST1300 A9
2024 Miles
STOC #
I always fancied a Migsel, couldn't find one cheap enough without importing. Nice one @Sadlsor ! There's another along the same lines here - UK based, but ships everywhere.

Dashmount ST1300 | Bike-Quip (st1300-accessories.co.uk)

It looks good, and I would have bought one if I hadn't already given up and used the cheapskate soultion o bolting a Ram ball on the left hand side of my dash shelf - before he brought them out. A drastic solution which leaves holes, but the Ram ball is never going to be removed, so who cares ?

I prefer mine over to the left hand side - but one thing is for certain. Having the satnav up high is much, much better than having to glance down at it.

Last edited:

Obo

Bike
'03 ST1300A
Curious as to how it mounts via the two outer points...as others have pointed out, those are simply push pins in the original configuration. I was looking to fabricate something myself over a winter break but didn't have one last year and haven't decided for sure how I want to secure the bar yet this year. The push pins simply go into PLASTIC mounts on the lower dash molding, those break and you're out an ability to keep it secure.
Folks who've done the DIY mount using 3/4" 'x 1/8" aluminum use 2 well nuts and 2 10-32 stainless bolts. There's no drilling as you put the well nuts in the existing holes for the push pins. As you tighten the bolts the rubber on the well nuts expand and fills up the holes.

1609865952222.png

Here's the thread: https://www.st-owners.com/forums/threads/st1300-gps-radio-radar-dash-mount.87822/

OP
OP
Sadlsor

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
You will wonder why you took so long after you have used it.
Ha!
I don't have to wonder; I already know the simple answer to your statement.
Because I am a CHEAP!! S.O.B., that's why. :rofl1:
Well, that, and the fact I'm a crappy fabricator, and I wanted this to look nice. Some of y'all can make some really sweet home-built or garage-built mounts and other cool things, but that is not in my wheelhouse.
There are no discount stores I could find, but the st-owners For Sale section and @Landfellow came through for me.

OP
OP
Sadlsor

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
I actually have this thread bookmarked and filed, but after thinking about this for 9 months now, I was unsatisfied with my own poor shop skills. This self-made shelf IS, however, plenty nice-enough that I wouldn't mind one on my bike.
According to my good friend Clint Eastwood, a man whom I greatly admire, "a man's got to know his limitations."
While I don't mind pushing the envelope, these are words to live by.

Obo

Bike
'03 ST1300A
I actually have this thread bookmarked and filed, but after thinking about this for 9 months now, I was unsatisfied with my own poor shop skills. This self-made shelf IS, however, plenty nice-enough that I wouldn't mind one on my bike.
According to my good friend Clint Eastwood, a man whom I greatly admire, "a man's got to know his limitations."
While I don't mind pushing the envelope, these are words to live by.
I agree this looks very nice and I'd have one as well but I know I can't justify the cost for this as a farkle as it would be $260 Cdn plus import fees. The BikeQuip would be $190 plus fees. PSR makes a 3d printed version in the US. Costs (for me) would be $120Cdn plus shipping and fees (so similar to the BikeQuip)

It's good folks have options, be it one of 3 off the shelf options, or DIY for those who can (or have to.)

Pop-Pop

Site Supporter
Bike
1996 ST 1100
STOC #
I bought a used one here and its worth its weight in gold! Mine looks different than yours. U must not b on a st1100

Top Bottom