Feedback on Traxxion Suspension?

Bike
Honda ST1300
Hi All, I'm a relatively recent owner of a 2005 ST1300 that currently has about 25,000 miles on it. So, I'm figuring the suspension probably needs to be freshened up. Since I live in the metro Atlanta area and Traxxion Dynamics is close by, I'm thinking of having them replace the rear shock and update the front forks. Just wanted to get any impressions or advice and insights into best way to proceed. I'm not overly budget conscious as I really like this bike and plan to keep it a while so I'm looking at this more as an investment. Thanks for your insights. This is a great place to go to get good info!

Bigmak96

R.I.P. - 2021/08/07
Rest In Peace
Bike
04 GL1800 Past tense
STOC #
I have not gone that route yet but have looked into it a bit.
There are members here that love what it did for them. I have also read many reports from Wing owners who say it was money well spent.

Bike
2006 ST-1300
STOC #
I'm leaning toward the Traxxion/Penske set up myself after several positive recommendations. I've also ridden a couple Wings with the Traxxion "full monty" and the transformation is absolutely amazing. I live close by their shop and dropped in on a whim a month or two ago to get some ST specific info. Lee spent a good hour giving me a shop tour and going over options for my riding style/weight. Lee knows his stuff. Very impressive, professional operation. Expensive for sure...

SteveST1300

Site Supporter
Vendor
Bike
03&04 ST1300
STOC #
Not familiar with Traxxion I went with Hyper Pro and there is an amazing difference from stock. Whichever brand you choose it will be an improvement over stock.

Bike
ST1300A
After 125,000 miles my OEM rear shock is shot. I've been looking at some options and appreciate all the data here on this site but have a question;
The Traxxion/Penske 8983 solution is about $1200.
When I shop for the Penske 8983 online the price is about $875.
The Traxxion people asked questions about load; my weight, pillion, baggage, etc. Can I assume they modify this strut somehow for those specs? Or is it simply pre-adjusted? Or is there really no difference?

The extra $ isn't really the issue. I just want to know what i'm getting.
Thanks

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bike
Honda ST1300
Traxxion is probably trying to figure out what size spring to fit to the shock. They probably don't have the best price on a Penske, but if you get it from them they've done their homework with you to make sure it has the right size spring. I will probably take my ST over there and have them install the Penske and I'm wrestling with whether to go with their AK-20 fork cartridges or the lower cost valving option they do.

Bike
ST1300A
So they are modifying the physical shock for my specifics, weight and riding style (touring)? That might be worth the extra bucks. Thanks.

Yeah I saw the fork package too and was wondering if maybe that would be next.

Top Bottom