FI codes 12 and 13

2005 ST1300 non abs… no start after storage for several months. Throwing codes for fuel injector #1 and fuel injector #2. Opened the airbox to find a mouse house in the filter. Also notice that I don’t hear the fuel pump priming when the key is placed in the start position. I believe the gas had stabilizer added before storage but not positive of that. Looking for tips on checking for wiring damage, cleaning the 5 way vacuum tee underneath the airbox, checkng fuel pump or another other useful information. Thanks in advance.

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
Your little critter probably ate your fuel injector sub wire harness.
You'll need to lift the airbox base and check for damage.

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
The fuel pump is mostly likely fine after only a few months storage.

The mice ate your injector wires causing an open or a short, so the ECM has disabled the fuel pump. Repair/replace the damaged wiring and clear the fault codes and the fuel pump will most likely whirr back to life.

OP
OP
ckbmunch
Your little critter probably ate your fuel injector sub wire harness.
You'll need to lift the airbox base and check for damage.
thanks… heading there now that I already have the tank up and air box open. Going to use pipe cleaners on the 5 way vacuum tee while I’m in there. Hopefully it’s obvious if it’s a mouse chew.

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
If your planning on cleaning out the 5 way tee, replace the vacuum lines with new ones, and don't try to re-use the factory ones, as they will have a loose egg shaped memory on them now, and you will end up with air leaks after all your hard work.
Standing by the white courtesy phone if needed.

OP
OP
ckbmunch
2005 ST1300 non abs… no start after storage for several months. Throwing codes for fuel injector #1 and fuel injector #2. Opened the airbox to find a mouse house in the filter. Also notice that I don’t hear the fuel pump priming when the key is placed in the start position. I believe the gas had stabilizer added before storage but not positive of that. Looking for tips on checking for wiring damage, cleaning the 5 way vacuum tee underneath the airbox, checkng fuel pump or another other useful information. Thanks in advance.
UPDATE**** mouse house found below the air box and I see at least one chewed wire so far, a good thing in a way that it might be an easy fix. Fingers crossed and thanks to all who offered suggestions and helpful tips… much appreciated

Attachments

OP
OP
ckbmunch
If your planning on cleaning out the 5 way tee, replace the vacuum lines with new ones, and don't try to re-use the factory ones, as they will have a loose egg shaped memory on them now, and you will end up with air leaks after all your hard work.
Standing by the white courtesy phone if needed.
great tip to avoid having to go back in… thanks.

Top Bottom