Finally mounted my cell phone with custom phone mount

Bike
ST1300A
I finally got around to making a mounting system for my cell phone.

I used 304 Stainless steel ? hard .050 for the holder mount and 6061 Aluminum T-6 .500 for the spacer.

The phone is a Samsung Note 2 with a bigger battery.

Now I can see who’s calling before I answer it on my Sena SHM10R head set plus I can stream music from my phone an also see who is playing.

Link: http://s285.photobucket.com/user/KTM06/slideshow/Honda ST1300 Phone mount

I will powder coat the bracket this coming week same color as the HeliBars Handlebar Riser.

Last edited:
Bike
2006 ST1300
I may just be getting old, but I ride to GET AWAY from my phone. The very last thing I want to hear while riding is someone calling my phone!

Bike
2005 ST1300
WOW that is crazy heavy duty. I have a very similar setup for my Blackberry Z10 and only use the plastic belt clip holder with some modifications to hold it on. I love the GPS on blackberry's phones all three versions. Pandora is nice to have too. I got a walki-talkie app and now use it for helmet to helmet intercom too. It works and is less clutter on the dash. Nice Farkle!

Bike
2006 ST1300
Nice work! I would be concerned about damage from vibrations because it is hard mounted. I lost two GPSs that way before I started mounting them with a rubber isolator. Using the Ram mount solves the vibration issue.

st11ray

2006 ST1300
Bike
'06 ST1300
STOC #
I keep my phone in my pocket for 1 reason. I don't want to be separated from it in the event of a get off where I am unable to get back to the bike. Or, it could get broken off the bike in a crash and I might not be able to find it.
I do have it bluetoothed to my comm system and it automatically answers calls.

OP
OP
marv02
Bike
ST1300A
The phone so my kid can get hold of me and I can see who calling me so I know who is calling.

As for the vibration use to keep in the fairing pockets and it still works.

I was planning to make the mount smaller but I need to space out from the handle bars t get it to work I was thinking of milling own the upper half down of the spacer but got lazy.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
The very last thing I want to hear while riding is someone calling my phone!
Not a problem for me. I just click the Do Not Disturb setting. But the phone is my GPS for now until I mount the iPad mini. Then the phone will go in my pocket.

Top Bottom