Finally

Well, I've done it. I've tried to read almost every post in this thread, and I just pulled the trigger and ordered a C/T for my ST. I'm very anxious to try it out. Should be here sometime next week and I hope to get it mounted a week from tomorrow! I ordered the BF Goodrich Comp 2

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Bike
05 ST1300
Like many others, I'll never go back. I'm well on the way thro my second rear and about half on my first front. I'll put an original spec tire back on the front, but not on the rear. Here's why:

I put the bias Pilot Activ on the front and will not put another one back on even tho it looks like it will go a long time. For several reasons: 1. Its a larger tire and so the fender clearance is too tight. The tire picks up stones in the treads and there's not enough room between the fender and the tire and they make a horrendous noise going thro. Specially when the tires new. It actually cracked my fender. 2. On good dry pavement the traction is fine; but whenever the conditions are less than ideal, that tire has less than desirable traction ability. Several times now, the front has started to wash out when the back is still rock-steady. Not at all confidence inspiring. 3. Even tho its balanced with the beads that you pour in the stem (I forget what they're called) I get a buzzy vibration from the front at slow speeds - the only way I can describe it is that it feels like you can feel every tread sype as the tire is rotating. 4. Its cupping really bad which is exaggerating the buzzy vibration. Granted it is a rear tire and a dual compound so I can't really fault the tire for that.

Last edited:

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
Keeping the OEM size on the front? Going double dark helps put the bike back to a more 'motorcycle' feel.

Welcome to the club! :ds1:

OP
OP
joshuacathy0321
Keeping the OEM size on the front? Going double dark helps put the bike back to a more 'motorcycle' feel.

Welcome to the club! :ds1:
That's the plan for now.... I haven't decided yet. My current front tire should last another few months.

OP
OP
joshuacathy0321
Well, I love my rear CT. I'm definitely going to a rear tire on the front now. I'm not sure which one though.... any suggestions?

OP
OP
joshuacathy0321
First impressions of the Comp 2?
I love the Comp 2! It seems like it'll last a long time. I ride extremely hard and after getting used to it... it sticks like glue. I've only got about 1200 miles on it, so I can't really tell about tread life. It is showing no wear yet though.

Bike
ST1300
STOC #
Where is everyone finding the BT45R? It seems that I'm only finding the BT45H looking at Dennis Kirk, Motorcycle Superstore, or Amazon. Is there a difference or not?

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
R = rear (mounting / selling)
H = Speed rating (high speed)

So the BT45H is the right tire, just buy the rear variant, which is the only one in our front needed size.

Top Bottom