Finaly got a dirt bike, Electric start, plated XR650R

Bike
ST1300
Well after wanting to get back to the dirt for years, and trying to decide what I wanted, (I'm still not sure, other than it has to be plated) I put a deposit on a 2002 Honda XR650R California plated with the Baja Designs electric start.

I had pretty much decided to get a plated E model DRZ, inexpensive, bullet proof, lots of aftermarket support, feels lighter than the XR even though it's not, but I rode one and was disappointed in it's power, and more likely I would have ended up with a S model and have to make it dirt worthy.

I decided to go with this XR since it's Plated and electric start, now lets just all goes well and the guy actually delivers it, I'd hate to have to start looking all over again, wish me luck.

I figure if I didn't like the XR, I could always sell it and get a nice DRZ, that might be happening in a few months, but if I got the DRZ and I still wanted more, where would I find another XR650R plated with the magic button?

Bikes not perfect, it looks used but not abused, has some light oxidation and rust on some hardware from living on the beach for it's life. Bike apperas to be mostly stock, still looks like original OEM sprockets and pipe and plastics, seller said they have never been changed? but seller is not too knowledgeable on the bike, he says he got it 8 months ago from his good friend who owed him money, took bike instead. who knows what I'll find when I get it home and do a service on it, runs great, lots of power!!

Comes with extra larger fuel tank, suspension has been redone by Fineline for a 210 lb rider, or so I'm told, have no proof of that, it does have a sticker by Fineline on forks, but hard to read what it says, rewound stator to run more electrical goodies, wired for helmet light for desert riding, aftermarket seat? wider foot pegs, full skid pan, full street stuff to make it legal, battery tender Jr, service manual and a box full of other stuff I haven't went through.

skidlid1300

Blacksheep Tribal Member
Bike
Schwinn
Congrats on your new bike! I used to have a Honda XR 600R. I downsized a bit and got a newer Suzuki DRZ 400. The 600 was like horsin' a Harley through the woods!

OP
OP
brianm767
Bike
ST1300
Congrats on your new bike! I used to have a Honda XR 600R. I downsized a bit and got a newer Suzuki DRZ 400. The 600 was like horsin' a Harley through the woods!
I actually think I will end up with a DRZ, to me they feel about the same weight, but we'll see, I just wasn't happy with the DRZ's power, and I've always wanted to try the XR, but if I find this si too big and heavy, and the power is overkill for what i want to do, then I'll be looking for a DRZ again and either sale this or my son who is a big kid will take it over.

Top Bottom