First TipOver

Bike
2012 ST1300
Pulled into parking lot at the beach today. Must have been too much eye candy that distracted me. I thought I had put the side stand down, but evidently not. :(Dropped the bike on left side:(.

Was amazed that the only damage was scuffing on the built in engine guard which took the full impact of the drop. Not a scratch anywhere else. Kudos to the Honda engineers!

Question - are the rear aftermarket body guards really necessary? As mentioned - no scratches to the rear bags at all.

Throttlejockey

Padden is my hero
Bike
06 ST1300
STOC #
Pulled into parking lot at the beach today. Must have been too much eye candy that distracted me. I thought I had put the side stand down, but evidently not. :(Dropped the bike on left side:(.

Was amazed that the only damage was scuffing on the built in engine guard which took the full impact of the drop. Not a scratch anywhere else. Kudos to the Honda engineers!

Question - are the rear aftermarket body guards really necessary? As mentioned - no scratches to the rear bags at all.
If the ground isn't flat then the tip over bars will keep the ground from damaging the bags or the pipes.

FJA314

"Penguinisto"
Bike
2006 ST1300
STOC #
Welcome to the club, GKC! I just joined two days ago. I live in southern California so I understand beach-side distractions! Same situation here re: damage, only light scuffing of the tip over guard covers.

Top Bottom