FJR Windshield Help Needed

Bike
2009 FJR 1300A
I just bought a 2009 FJR 1300A and was hoping to get members help on buying an aftermarket windshield. I am 5'10" tall and have my seat on the high position. I have the mcl risers installed. I would like a windshield that puts the airflow over my helmet and gives me a little more protection and less turbulence. I want the smallest one to accomplish this. I would appreciate anyone's help or words of wisdom. Thanks in advance. I know this is the st1300 forum but the members here seem to be more helpful.

Bike
'08 Connie C14
STOC #
I can't help you with the windshield, but your post makes me giggle.

I go to the FJR forum when I just need to call somebody a foul name and question their parentage.

Nah, the truth is I go there for Iron Butt news and to get some tech info for a non computer friend. I think they'll help you eventually, just try to make you feel like a dope, first:)

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Have you tried this forum (http://fjriders.com), they seem pretty helpful.

We have several FJR riders on the site so hopefully you can get some help either way.

Bike
2019 BMW R1250gs
STOC #
I am about your same heighth though maybe a different inseam. I have a 2008 FJR 1300A and the 2009 version is identical except for some paint and trim differences. That said, I have tried a Cee Bailey (with flip) as well as a couple other brands of aftermarket wind screens and I have settled on what I think is best--in my opinion--for me. I have settled on the stock windscreen with a Laminar Lip: http://www.laminarlip.com/fjr13.php. Overall, it gives me the best wind protection and quiet air procket of the alternatives I have tried.

rickj

Former ST1300 Rider. FJR now.
Bike
2012 BMW R1200 GSA
STOC #
My '07 came with a Rifle windshield with the tuning block that opens a gap at the front. I never had a stock one to compare with, but I can say that this is far cleaner air than anything I had on my ST1300 and I tried many windshields.

I keep the top of it well below my field of vision and have a pretty quiet ride. If I want it extremely quiet I can raise it to where the top is still a bit below my field of vision, but I have never had to raise it to where I look through it!

It's a pretty big windshield though and I don't think it looks good on the bike. I'd also like to have a bit more air in the summertime, so I'm going to get another one for that. My wife says the air in the back is much cleaner than on the ST, and it's likely due in large part to the Rifle.

You're welcome to come down to Temecula and check it out if you're ever this way. Just send me a PM.

Rick

jdpfms

JD Power
Bike
ST1300A&FJR1300
Besides my ST1300, I've got an 08 FJR too. I have a V-Stream on it and like it a lot. In summer I leave it all the way down and in winter it is up a few inches but well under my sight line. Most other popular screens are either CalSi or Cee Baileys. Both these come in various heights and widths so you would need to decide on that too.

JDP

skippy69

Keeper of the seven keys
Bike
2013 BMW K1600GT
I have the Yamaha touring windshield on my 2007 fjr. I like it a lot. I got it on Ebay for $97.00 + sh. It is about 4 inches taller and about 2 inches wider than stock. I'm 6'2" and have my seat at the highest setting. I usually run my shield about 1/2 way up on it's travel.:D

Bike
2016 Versys 1000
STOC #
I have a Calsci large, which is 2" wider and a little taller than stock. Much better, a good compromise of airflow and protection depending where you adjust it to. I keep it below my line of vision.

I have the Yamaha touring windshield on my 2007 fjr. I like it a lot. I got it on Ebay for $97.00 + sh. It is about 4 inches taller and about 2 inches wider than stock. I'm 6'2" and have my seat at the highest setting. I usually run my shield about 1/2 way up on it's travel.:D
I second the Yamaha touring windshield. Works for me.

OP
OP
blueline
Bike
2009 FJR 1300A
Thank you to everybody for your input. I broke my wrist so will be down for a few months but will be buying something for Washington trip this summer. Thanks again and stay safe.

Top Bottom