Pants Flex riding pants

Bike
2012 Kawasaki C14
STOC #
I’m just getting back to riding after being bike less for 6 years. Back when I had an ST I had a pair of Tour master flex pants that had outer shell panels that you could zip off and make the pants mesh. I loved the versatility of those pants but it appears they are no longer made. Anyone know of anything similar that’s being made today?

rjs987

Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
2022 Kymco AK 550
2024 Miles
STOC #
I had those. I needed to replace them but also found they were no longer available. I bought the TM Venture Air 2.0 pants which has an inner wind/rain liner and also a thermal liner. But no outer solid shell to zip on. I found I was still able to use them in below zero F temps with wearing thermal long johns and jeans underneath. If I felt the need I could put on my Frogg Toggs rain pants over them as well. but so far have not needed that... much.

I notice that the Venture pants are also no longer available. Don't know what to do for next time. I really like having TWO zip out liners to extend the season for one pant from very hot summer to very cold winter.

I also had the Flex jacket and after that the Flex 2 jacket. Now I have the Pivot jacket which has VERY LARGE vents front and back as well as the 2 liners inside. And I still have the twin liners from my Flex 2 jacket which I will use for really cold temps (well below zero F).

OP
OP
Landon
Bike
2012 Kawasaki C14
STOC #
Im not a fan of liners inside the pants. Never understood that, if it gets warm mid day you’d have to undress to make an adjustment. That’s why the tour master flex pants were perfect. Could put the outer shells on in the morning when it was cool and zip them off as it warmed up. I also had the flex jacket but I never used the outer shell for it, it was much easier for the top of body to add layers underneath (sweatshirt or heated liner) and remove those as needed.

Last edited:

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
Welcome back Landon.

I don’t have a pants recommendation for the Flex ones. I had a Flex jacket back then but didn’t replace it.

Top Bottom