Folding trailer question

JimSTer

Motorcycle "rider"!!
Bike
15 Yamaha FJ-09
STOC #
I've been looking at small utility trailers for some time now. And part of the reason is that if I was to break down with my ST not to far from home I could get my trailer and haul her home to fix it in my shop.
Bear in mind now that I'm not thinking about hauling my ride to a ride or anything like that. So don't get on me about that.

Having said that, here is my dilemma. I found a folding trailer in a Northern Tool catalog that I got in the mail about two weeks ago. And they have it on sale for $499 that includes fee shipping. I was getting ready to order it when a Harbor Freight catalog shows up in the mail with what appears to be the same exact folding trailer for $339. And after checking their web site the price has dropped to $299. Of course with Harbor Freight you'll need to pay shipping.
I have examined the web site to check the specs and tried to compare the photos as best as you can.
I have bought tools from both of these places and can't say anything bad about either.
It seems like a given that the Harbor Freight deal would be the best. I just want to hear it from some of people.
So which one would you buy? And why would you choose that one?

First of all - what is the "out the door price" on both trailers?

Northern Tools - free freight and no sales tax - right?

I bought one of those trailers from Northern Tools and it served me well for many years - they really do come in handy. I used it for hauling everything from motorcycles to lumber to car engines.

Harbor Freight

Northern Tools

They both look pretty comparable - same load capacity, same size bed, same size tires. I usually don't buy things from Harbor Freight, but I would consider it depending on the difference in price...

Attachments

Bike
06 ST
Maintain your ST with scheduled maintenance, as listed in your manual and the trailer will rust away in your backyard. If you are few hundred miles from home with a breakdown, call a Honda dealer in the area, have them retrieve you, get the problem fixed, continue on the trip. Or.....traveling and break down call a lister on the this ST list, maybe he can help. Dave B. Denver

Tankereng

Site Supporter
Bike
2018 Goldwing
STOC #
I have a Harbor Freight...has been great for several years now. Folds up and stores nicely in the corner of my garage... Looks as good as the day I put it together....

I've got aircraft seat track installed all over it so tie down options are abundant...:headbang:

Top Bottom