For 3 years the Odyssey PC545 has been flawless

Bike
2006 ST1300A
Three years ago, I installed an Odyssey PC545 battery in my 2006 ST1300A as detailed in THIS article. I mentioned in one of the old posts that since I had two Yuasa failures within 18 months of each other, I would be happy if the Odyssey lasted 36 months. Well, with 36 months of use now, the Odyssey has been flawless, and since it met my goal, I'm now in , "How long will it last?" mode.

I realize chopping up the OEM battery tray may seem a bit harsh to some. I admit I was reluctant to make those cuts which put me past the point of no return. In hindsight, I'm glad I did because I have nothing but praise for this battery (for now).

FWIW, I did need a jump start one time a couple years ago when I left my lights on for about 15 minutes. It was one of those rare occasions when I used the kill switch, but left the ignition key in the ON position. That experience continued to drive home my habit of turning off the bike with the ignition key.

In any case, if any of you are on the fence about installing the Odyssey PC545 battery, I say , "Go for it!" :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom