for Vera

Bike
2007 ST1300abs
STOC #
Please just a prayer/thought for Elvira "Vera" Feasel. Vera was the spouse of my riding buddy Bill. Vera had been diagnosed with breast cancer in December of 2009, one day before I underwent surgery for a pancreatic tumor. I was an extremely rare, lucky survivor, Vera, not so much. She had surgery, then radiation therapy, then chemo while I was healing from my surgery and need no radiation or chemo. She had a very trying year but was given the all clear in December 2010. About three weeks ago my dear friend Bill came home fromm work and discovered Vera was slurring her word, was disoritented and uncomfortable. E room test showed no stroke or anything else...further tests showed high levels of calcium to the point of life threatning. Futher tests this week revealed that she had liver cancer and also colon cancer which had apparently not been detected before. She was given 7 to 10 days and was given morphine for the pain even though she could not be moved to a hospice due to her extremely frail condition. She died after one day...mercifully I think.

She was a very kind and gentle person and her husband/my dear friend Bill is the most gentle man I have ever known.

We will remember her at a service tomorrow, Saturday, March 13th.

This thing, Cancer, scares me to death,, and I live n constant concern that it will revisit me.

Please, a prayer or thought for Vera, Bill and also me if you have the time.

Thanks,

EASt

Streuselkuchen
Bike
S1000XR
All my prayers for her and her loved ones.
Posted via Mobile Device

Top Bottom