front turn signal LED's

Bike
2010 ST-1300
I want to change my front turn signals to LED bulbs to make them brighter ( more visible ). I do not wish to go to clear lenses. What bulbs should I look for?

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
You might consider something like these. 51 SMD LEDs rated at 1000L. Tough to tell if that rating is accurate. I think manufacturers tend to be a bit optimistic in light output.

If you don't haveLEDs in the rear turn signals already you'll need an LED compatible flasher/relay so your turn signals don't 'hyper-flash

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Yes my intent was that at this point anybody with LEDs in the rear turn signals would have already realized the hyper flash situation if not already corrected it.

So if you don't have rear LEDs in the turn signals already and haven't installed an LED compatible flasher you'll need to do so. If you do have LEDs installed in the rear turn signals and have installed an LED compatible flasher then never mind. Avoid resistors and don't take candy from strangers.

skidgillen

Site Supporter
Bike
2005 ST1300PA
You might consider something like these. 51 SMD LEDs rated at 1000L. Tough to tell if that rating is accurate. I think manufacturers tend to be a bit optimistic in light output.

If you don't haveLEDs in the rear turn signals already you'll need an LED compatible flasher/relay so your turn signals don't 'hyper-flash
Anyone know of a LED compatible relay i could pick up at local auto parts store? I want to upgrade my turn signals as well.

sky.high

Site Supporter
Bike
The Honda of the day
STOC #
Link doesn't work for some reason
Maybe its a .ca vs .com thing, search for
2-Pin Electronic LED Flasher Relay FIX Motorcycle LED Turn Signal Bulbs Hyper Flash Issue
on Amazon, there are several vendors like this one

Top Bottom