Fuel breather pipe

Bike
st1100L st1100M
Hi There guys and girls just a quick one does anyone know where the end of the breater pipe from the gas cap fits in the engine I CANT FIND WHERE IT go,s
cheers Dave:mad:

Bike
2016 Versys 1000
STOC #
You should be able to follow the vent hose from the bottom of the tank (on most bikes), down through the frame and the end of it will be hanging at the bottom of the bike, venting/draining to the ground. Maybe tug on it a bit at the top or bottom to trace it. It should not be kinked or plugged. I can't tell you ST specific, as it's been a while...........

OP
OP
Bike
st1100L st1100M
Thank you Ray just the end of the pipe as got a ring clip on it ???

Bike
Vstrom 650
You can blow it out with an air line if you think it's blocked.that's what I did on my ST1100,there was a lot of pressure in the tank on removing the cap before I done this,solved the problem.I think the dirt from the road must have blocked the bottom of it.

John OoSTerhuis

Life Is Good!
Bike
1991 SSMST1100
STOC #
Thank you Ray just the end of the pipe as got a ring clip on it ???
Hi Dave. The clip is the tipoff - means that the upper section of the fuel filler cap's vent hose has detached from the inline T connector near the bottom of the ST1100. The T is a secondary/backup vent to atmospheric for the fuel cap. There should be a short length of hose on the other side of the T that extends the line to just below the engine. It's one of three hoses that all end in the wire bail above the rear extension of the lower fairing, left side. Have a look at the Fuel Tank online fiche. HTH

John

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bike
st1100L st1100M
Tell you something John if i asked question on the nut inside the BRAKE MASTER cylinder bet you could advise the size Fantastic as normal John thank you buddy

Bike
'98 ST1100
STOC #
Hi Dave. The clip is the tipoff - means that the upper section of the fuel filler cap's vent hose has detached from the inline T connector near the bottom of the ST1100. The T is a secondary/backup vent to atmospheric for the fuel cap. There should be a short length of hose on the other side of the T that extends the line to just below the engine. It's one of three hoses that all end in the wire bail above the rear extension of the lower fairing, left side. Have a look at the Fuel Tank online fiche. HTH

John
Good to know, mine may be blocked, too ( 1998 ). I'll be checking that in the spring, before I'm back on the road. The list is getting longer - check valve clearances, install Rostra Electronic speed control, install highway pegs, install MP3 player & SiriusXM radio.

Top Bottom