fuse block

i'm looking to add a few accessories but dont want to have them all connected to the battery terminals , is there a decent fuse block i could use bearing in mind i'm in the UK

st11ray

2006 ST1300
Bike
'06 ST1300
STOC #

Bike
20 Tracer GT
I have used this one on my ST1300 and Tracer 900. It's not really robust, but sturdy enough to get the job done. It has a split buss that will allow a relay supplied source and a direct connection from the battery. One wire attachment at the battery can supply the relay and the direct. I ran my battery tender through the direct connection side and that way it was fused. If I remember correctly, there is a 6 fuse size also.

Bike
2006 ST1300
i'm looking to add a few accessories but dont want to have them all connected to the battery terminals , is there a decent fuse block i could use bearing in mind i'm in the UK
John, did you manage to get a fuse box to suit what you needed? Some nice solutions upthread, but, wow, the prices!

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
I use a Blue Sea Marine Grade fuseblock (you can probably find it on Amazon).
I have a 50 amp fuse and relay (fired when the switch is on) direct from the battery with a 10 gauge wire connection so it gets plenty of juice -

BLUE SEA SYSTEMS ST Blade Fuse Block, 12 Circuits with Cover | West Marine

At least 300,000+ miles with this setup over the years between the 4 ST1100s and no problems.

CYYJ

Michael
Bike
None any more.
STOC #
I use a Blue Sea Marine Grade fuseblock...
I also used the exact same Blue Sea Marine Grade fuseblock that Uncle Phil used. I installed mine way back in 2001 in the tail of my ST 1100 (it fits just perfectly in there) and I have had no problems with it in over 20 years. I think the advantage of using a "Marine Grade" product is that it is more than adequately protected against corrosion... not all automotive grade products are.

Here's a few pictures of the installation:

Blue Sea Fuseblock
Aux Bus 1.jpg

Aux Bus 2.jpg

Aux Bus 3.jpg

Aux Bus 4.jpg

Aux Bus Relay.jpg

Bike
2010 ST1300
I recently installed a Blue Sea in my Guzzi as part of my upgrades. I'd looked at a number of cheap versions on Amazon, but after reading some of the negative reviews and filtering out the nonsensical ones, came to the conclusion that quality is the only way to go. Install it once and forget about having problems w/ the hardware. Btw, Amazon's prices for the Blue Sea fuseboxes are very good. Go to the B.S. website and scroll through their offerings, then buy it from Amazon. Make sure you are buying the model you want (use the model number from the B.S. website).

finleysw

R.I.P. - 2024/03/29
Rest In Peace
Bike
2013 Yamaha FJR1300
STOC #
On the ST1100 a good place to pick up positive battery voltage is the battery cable side of the starter relay. Lots of room for a few ring terminals without cluttering up the battery terminal/ (only one needed with a fuse block) .

OP
OP
john_needs_a_bike
I use a Blue Sea Marine Grade fuseblock (you can probably find it on Amazon).
I have a 50 amp fuse and relay (fired when the switch is on) direct from the battery with a 10 gauge wire connection so it gets plenty of juice -

BLUE SEA SYSTEMS ST Blade Fuse Block, 12 Circuits with Cover | West Marine

At least 300,000+ miles with this setup over the years between the 4 ST1100s and no problems.
Infortunately I live in the UK and Blue Seal will not ship over here

Bike
2010 ST1300
Infortunately I live in the UK and Blue Seal will not ship over here
Another first class fuse box is the easternbeaver.com PC8. It's a bit expensive, but it is small, excellent quality, and he sells wiring harnesses, connectors, and other little bits. I found his website to be confusing, but not everyone is a capable graphics artist.

CYYJ

Michael
Bike
None any more.
STOC #
I won't post all the pics but that install is a work of art.
Thanks Robert. I try to do all my equipment installs to "aircraft spec" in order to ensure reliability. I only ride long distance (I won't even roll the bikes out of the garage if I'm not going to go 1,000 miles away, and that ST 1100 is kept in Europe so I can ride there). Hence reliability is a really big concern for me.

Michael

Bike
2006 ST1300
I don't have the extensive power needs that Michael does, for example, so for what it's worth I'm going to try one of these in my bike: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07J5D9NZL . All it will ever do, probably, is supply power to each storage pocket on the dash, and to the handlebars if it turns out my OEM heated grips are broken. I might run one or two spare power wires forwards into the dash for future projects, and keep one spare in the tail for heated clothing. And if Qiorange's finest cheap plastic comes to bits eventually, it won't be a huge job to replace it.

Top Bottom