gas cap vent line

Bike
1999 ST1100
STOC #
There is this tiny little t-fitting 6 inches above the bottom of the vent line (bottom of the bike). I see nothing that would connect to it. I had DSCF0003.JPGremoved the line to slightly re-route it. Any ideas?

Bike
ST1100/ST1300
STOC #
You have a 49 State non-emissions bike. The “T” fitting is put there purposely from the factory. If the vent hose were ever to get plugged down by the side stand, the tank will still vent through the fitting. That’s why it’s in that location out of the weather.

ABS and California emission bikes have a solid non vented hose going straight to the charcoal canister.

Bike
R1200rt
You have a 49 State non-emissions bike. The “T” fitting is put there purposely from the factory. If the vent hose were ever to get plugged down by the side stand, the tank will still vent through the fitting. That’s why it’s in that location out of the weather.

ABS and California emission bikes have a solid non vented hose going straight to the charcoal canister.
I think they just didn't have a long enough hose , one of those ooops moments :crackup:

OP
OP
DeanR
Bike
1999 ST1100
STOC #
The “T” fitting is put there purposely from the factory. If the vent hose were ever to get plugged down by the side stand, the tank will still vent through the fitting.
So it connects to nothing. I did see the T on the fiche. Guess I've just never had a view of the whole thing. Thanks Adam.

Bike
ST1100/ST1300
STOC #
So it connects to nothing. I did see the T on the fiche. Guess I've just never had a view of the whole thing. Thanks Adam.
Just to clarify Dean, yes. The 3-way "T" fitting connects the upper and lower part of the vent hose. The other part of the nipple is wide open with nothing connected to it, straight from the factory. The open nipple is usually facing toward the rear of the bike and tilted down a bit from what I've seen over the years.

Hi, just fitted a new air cooled alternator (upgrade) to my '91. Saw the vent hose with the three way connection, but couldn't find any other hose that connected to it ( now I know ...lol ) Thanks

Top Bottom