Givi red key replacement - EU1R

STRider

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 ST1300A
STOC #
Circumstances required that I source another spare key for my Givi E52 Maxia top box. Web searches returned a number of different ILCO blank numbers which either didn't match or weren't in stock at hardware stores and locksmiths in my area. Then today the tech at Albany Lock & Key in Albany, OR thought the SILCA EU1R blank he had in stock would work if it was shortened.

He was right. A web search shows the EU1R can be sourced from several different manufacturers other than SILCA.

I have no first hand experience here, but I've seen several posts across the internet saying that the OEM Hondaline Top box for the ST1300 uses the same lock cylinders and presumably keys as the red key era Givis. Maybe this will work for those too.

1665808500262.png

I'm not worried about showing my keys. If you can source a blank, get it cut and track down the box on the back of Anthony's bike, then you can have whatever's in it! :) But please leave the box.

Smudgemo

Intermodal Man of Mystery
Bike
'08 GS / '78 CB550
This might be helpful for me. I found a second base for my Givi box to switch between the ST and the GS, but only have two keys on hand and would prefer to have one for each set of keys. Revzilla was out of blanks and it didn't occur to me it might just be a common blank, though I sorta doubt my local Ace will have it. Also ditching the red plastic head would be just fine with me.

Josh_ST

I love my 2 wheeled therapy machine!
Site Supporter
Bike
2003 Honda ST1300
2024 Miles
For the record, I needed a spare key for my Corbin Smuggler, and found that a IN8 blank was a match. My local Rural King was about $3-$4 out the door if my memory is correct. What was I posting about again???:rofl1:

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
Go to any reputable lock smith store and they can find a blank to fit. That is what I have done with all my bike and Givi keys except for the key that goes with my V46 box. That has a security key and the blanks are expensive and hard to get, and not every one can cut them.

Top Bottom