Givi V46 Silver Trim Removal

Saint Joe

Joe
Bike
'12 ST1300A
Anyone know how to remove the silver/satin trim ring around the centre of the Givi V46 Trunk?

I've looked on-line for any posts about this, but haven't found the answer yet.
Even looked at the Givi Parts Fiche for the V46 for a clue but it wasn't very helpful.

Also prodded at it a little bit but don't want to break anything.

Joe

Attachments

OP
OP
Saint Joe

Saint Joe

Joe
Bike
'12 ST1300A
Try looking on the inside for some small Phillips head screws...........
Already looked and there don't appear to be any associated with holding the trim on. I have already got the top cover and lenses off to install the Admore lighting kit, but wanted to take the straps out to give them a good wash (trunk was used) as the straps are pretty dirty.

I'm trying to replace one of the 4 lights on the GIVI G46 trunk. Same problem - I can't get the trim off the top of the trunk. Hoping a new post will get a response. Appreciate the help. Thorne

I called GIVI and they helped. The trick is in pulling the entire top piece off the trunk. It takes quite a bit of force, but I was able to do it without breaking anything. You have to put your fingers under the rear center of the top trim where the GIVI logo is, put your fingers under the red trim with the logo and pull up and out. The trim comes off with a loud noise, but nothing broke. YAY !

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
I called GIVI and they helped. The trick is in pulling the entire top piece off the trunk. It takes quite a bit of force, but I was able to do it without breaking anything. You have to put your fingers under the rear center of the top trim where the GIVI logo is, put your fingers under the red trim with the logo and pull up and out. The trim comes off with a loud noise, but nothing broke. YAY !
Objection, your Honor -- asked and answered!
How about some pictorial illustrations for us visual learners? Or those around here who might be from Missourri?
(Show me!)

Sorry, Saddle Sore. I completed the trunk light install and don't want to take it apart again for a demo. But I'll be glad to answer any questions you have about the procedure. Basically, after removing all the screws from inside the trunk that hold the top trunk cover and lenses in place, remove the side lenses (which come off easily) and then put your fingers under the center lens where the Givi logo is located and pull out and up at the same time. It requires a moderate amount of force and I cannot guarantee that nothing will break, but that's how it's done per Givi's instructions. I had to do it twice.

Top Bottom