Going for day trip ride

August 5th I plan on going to Whistling Jacks for lunch. This is in Washington State over Chinook Pass. I plan on leaving Enumclaw at about 9:00, stopping at the top for a little (un) hydration and continuing on to the restaurant for lunch, on the way back stopping on the at the eastern side of the pass. It is about 140 to 150 mile road trip from Enumclaw.
Anybody up.
Of course it depends on the conditions at the time, I don't want to go if there is a fire or too much rain, unless there is enough going anyway, then I am up for whatever comes our way.

JohnK

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 ST1300a
STOC #
Oh darn, meeting the kids on the road that weekend coming in from Cali. Was just out that way camping two weeks ago in the little Naches river camp grounds. Hope others join in. Enjoy

OP
OP
My folks lived just down from the old forest ranger station, camped a lot up the Little Naches and Bumping Lake area, really great area for spending time. We will miss you. There was another thread about going on the other side of the pond. Would like to go on that one too.

Beautiful area up there! Did some off road riding in Gifford Pinchot and Litttle Naches last fall.

OP
OP
I recently picked up a KLR to ride the logging roads, I am a little older and never rode of off road before. Most of the roads off 410 are good rides, Hope to see you at Charlies Cafe at about 9:00 or a little earlier. Whistling Jacks has been redone and is a really nice place

OP
OP
I don't know of any. I am still on flip phone and wouldn't know an app if it bit me on the butt, if you want to go for ride together there is another guy trying to get something started also. Anybody who plans one I am in if at all possible.

JohnK

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 ST1300a
STOC #
WA to center of CA is quite the ride, to go on a ride. :)
Before I moved up here I did one day rides to Sacramento and return on another day trying to sell the house and find one up here. That’s 12.5 hours road time. With breaks and stops for gas and food 14.5 hours. But now I am up for a coast run in summer or a interior run spring or fall that would take a few days vs dead heading

OP
OP
Went to Sutter Creek earlier this summer to research my Great Grandmother who lived and died there, it was a great ride. But we did the ride in 2 days down and 2 days back. Neither one of us are any good at Iron Butt rides. I prefer to be a tourist at un-tourist type places, talking to locals is a way to insure that the world remains a small place.
It was really helpful in our research on our heritage, had several places we were sent to for records by locals, one of which knew my great grand mother.

Top Bottom