Gold Wing & VTX Changes with No-Mar

Bike
'05 ST1300
STOC #
Has anyone used the No-Mar with the standard wheel lock blocks to change Gold Wing or VTX tires? I noticed that No-Mar sells their "Posi-Clamps" (http://www.nomar-secure.com/category_s/3.htm) for "Gold Wing and heavy cruisers." There are some Goldwings and at least one VTX among the group that will probably be using my new changer, and I'd like to know if we need to keep a set of the posi-clamps on hand for these applications.

Bike
S10, R1250GS, KLX300
2024 Miles
STOC #
I have changed a couple of VTX1800 rear/fronts on my Cycle Hill/No Mar changer with the posi-clamps...........no problems mounting Metzeler ME880 tires.

Tom Mac 04a

Site Supporter
Bike
04 ST1300a
STOC #
Has anyone used the No-Mar with the standard wheel lock blocks to change Gold Wing or VTX tires? ...snip....
I think you could get by wil the standard blocks....save your money and use a web strap thru the rim down to one of the arms...it will stop the rim from spinning even with the regular plastic clamps

(i've used this on a few hard to do rear ST tires)

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
I think you could get by wil the standard blocks....save your money and use a web strap thru the rim down to one of the arms...it will stop the rim from spinning even with the regular plastic clamps

(i've used this on a few hard to do rear ST tires)
It's not about the wheel spinning... it's about the tire itself being so wide that even when it's off the bead, you almost need 2 or 3 people to push down enough for the chocks to grab. The rim clamps have such a small contact point, they just stick right into the edge without much muscling.

Even if you don't use them for the Wide tires, they are pretty quick. My only issue with them is one got cross-threaded but no-mar replaced it no questions asked.

You still need the chocks on for breaking the bead so I tend to just use them 99% of the time anyway.

Top Bottom