GoPro as bike cam

OP
OP
AV8R
Bike
2005 ST1300 PA
Works off the Samsung tablet also, think of the possibilities.
Probably could live stream too.
(Can connect to both devices concurrently, but one active at a time)

Bike
2002 ST1300A
STOC #
Now then now then....

With my aqua box, if the GoPro app supports PIP on Android, we could have a winner. I'd just need a suitable mount point since I lack your front crash bar...

Out of interest, I'm assuming you're not charging the GoPro from the bike?

Excuse me while I check the GoPro documentation for rolling segment overwite...

OP
OP
AV8R
Bike
2005 ST1300 PA
Not running power to the GoPro, and the battery lasts around 1.5 hours. It could, but the side door port that makes the device waterproof would be open to the dust and elements. Prolly better mounted behind the windscreen if always powered. It has loop recording modes of like 5, 10, 15, 30, 60, 120, Max (full card) minute increments.

For long rides and permenantly mounted applications, a dedicated bike cam system like SS uses is prolly a better choice.

Whooshka

Fairly faST old guy
Bike
2006 ST1300
If you disable WiFi on the Go Pro the battery lasts much more. I found with WiFi on, battery life gets cut almost in half. I usually carry 2 or 3 extra cards and batteries.

Whooshka

Fairly faST old guy
Bike
2006 ST1300
I have 1 mount on the fairing under the right mirror, 1 down low on the fairing on the left side (not as good sound wise, 1 under the rear rack (eh, it's OK). I also had but removed I each on a saddle bag and on the dash. Way too much vibration.

Here's a short clip from the right side mount. You can see a piece of the headlight and front fender on the left.

Argh!!!! I'm having trouble converting to an "allowable format". I'm not real good with editing software. I'll figure it out soon enough.

Top Bottom