GPS Mount

mlheck

Site Supporter
Bike
'18 BMW K1600GTL
STOC #
I have a home made mount something like that. I does cause a slight problem getting to the key, especially in the dark, but I have gotten use to it. It does put the Nav where you can see it without much trouble.

Bike
ST 1300A
STOC #
Motorcyclelarry also has a great alternative cap, in case you do not have a riser.
If you want, he can offer that with a 12 Volt power outlet as well.
The access to the key is way better and it looks as if it is original.
Great STuff!

jnsgardner

R.I.P. - 2012/08/30
Rest In Peace
Bike
'05 ST-1300A
STOC #
To mount my Garmin Zumo, I just used a threaded 1/4" rod up through the steering column extending just enough for a RAM ball to screw on through a drilled hole where the Honda emblem is. Fender washers and nuts at both ends with the rod cut to fit. Total cost...about $3.

John

Attachments

Bike
None For Now
STOC #
Motorcyclelarry.com has a nice riser plate and a top plate that has Ram ball and a covered powerlet plug in. I like the Migsel dash mount and have ordered one from Cycle Gadgets. Its clean and looks like it belongs there. There are three places for Ram mounts.
+1 for the Migsel Shelf. Very nice setup. A bit pricey, but worth it IMHO.

STDaveNW

Dave
Bike
2004 ST1300
STOC #
G'day All,

Has anyone had any experience with this type of sat nav mount from Bike-Quip?

http://www.st1300-accessories.co.uk/st1300_satnavmount.html

Looks like a quality item but wondering if it would create a drama getting access to the ignition switch?

Any other suggestions re different styles of GPS mounting kits would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Tony
I like the looks of that and considered it because of the 2 contact points. Seems like that may hold vibrations down a bit (not that I notice any)
By the time you ship it overseas it becomes cost prohibitive for me.

Bike
ST1300 ABS

Highrider

Part time mechanic
Bike
2005 ST1300
STOC #
I also use a GPS mount that I made and is very similar to the Bike-Quip. It has been most convenient and dependable. Not a problem with the access to the ignition key.

Critters

Retired Black Rat
Bike
Red 2003 ST1300
STOC #
G'day All,

Has anyone had any experience with this type of sat nav mount from Bike-Quip?

http://www.st1300-accessories.co.uk/st1300_satnavmount.html

Looks like a quality item but wondering if it would create a drama getting access to the ignition switch?

Any other suggestions re different styles of GPS mounting kits would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Tony

yes, I found it pretty good, I liked it as it didn't damage the original middle cap between the hadlebars. I ended up fitting the bike quip risers which had the drilled hole for the RAM ball mount.

As far as I am concerned if I was not fitting the risers, I would have been happy with this type of mount for my gps.

Top Bottom