Gps/phone mounting

Bike
1993 ST1100
Well finally got to put some miles on my 93 1100 since I bought it two weeks ago and the promptly turned around and cut my finger off. Hydraulic clutch allows me to ride in my handicap state using only two fingers to pull lever. But now my question to y'all is how are y'all mounting GPS or phone to handle bars?

Bike
'01 & '96 ST1100s
STOC #
Sorry to hear about the cropped digit.

I use a Garmin GPS with a suction-cup mount on the lower center of my windshield. Centered and closer to line-of-sight.

Bike
2005 st1300
I used to have a mount made from a otterbox case with a ram ball epoxied to the back. When I got a new phone, I decided I didnt want an otterbox anymore and someone here (sorry, I dont remember who, but thank you) pointed to this option https://www.quadlockcase.ca/ and I have went to it. I like it so far. I got a dedicated case for my phone and a universal adapter and epoxied it to the case of an inexpensive 7" samsung tablet which will serve as my GPS on my bike. Just got it a couple of months back so I have to wait till spring to try it on the bike but it works good in my truck.

EDIT: sorry, forgot to mention, My Tablet then sits on a ram ball in the center of the handlebar riser along with a powerlet plug to power it

Last edited:

GGely

Site Supporter
Bike
2001 ST1100 Non ABS
STOC #
I used to have a mount made from a otterbox case with a ram ball epoxied to the back. When I got a new phone, I decided I didnt want an otterbox anymore and someone here (sorry, I dont remember who, but thank you) pointed to this option https://www.quadlockcase.ca/ and I have went to it. I like it so far. I got a dedicated case for my phone and a universal adapter and epoxied it to the case of an inexpensive 7" samsung tablet which will serve as my GPS on my bike. Just got it a couple of months back so I have to wait till spring to try it on the bike but it works good in my truck.

EDIT: sorry, forgot to mention, My Tablet then sits on a ram ball in the center of the handlebar riser along with a powerlet plug to power it
Hi Blaze1985, sorry about the mishap. Not a club I’d like to join...

Might have been me, Bmacleod. I picked up a Quadlock for my Kyocera phone/GPS last year and was very happy with it. Worked great!

FYI, Bmcleaod, I’m just west of you near Townline in Courtice. Howdy neighbour!

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
I use a holder on a HeliBar RAM ball mount. I'll try it up on the dash's RM ball though.

SteveST1300

Site Supporter
Vendor
Bike
03&04 ST1300
STOC #
+1 for the quad lock a very secure system for mounting a phone. I have an iPhone XS Quad lock case and ram ball mount.

Top Bottom