Guzzi V85 TT Experience

Bike
'01 & '96 ST1100s
STOC #
I’m not a Guzzi fanatic but I’ve had a 73’Eldorado, a 75’ T3, a 2002 Le Mans, 2006 California Vintage, 2008 1200 Sport and there’s a 2021 V7 850 sitting next to my 2003 ST1300.
You've had as many Guzzis as I've had bikes. o_O

Bike
2020 Moto guzzi V85T
Well Mondo, how are you liking the V85TT? I am still loving mine. I have an oil change and most likely will change the trans and final drive as well. I will see how that goes. Shouldn't be to bad. I was told by a MG mechanic to make sure I use anti-seize on the drain plugs.

Let us know how things are going.

OP
OP
Mondo

Mondo

Site Supporter
Bike
‘22 Moto Guzzi V85TT
Well Mondo, how are you liking the V85TT? I am still loving mine.
Also doing well although I messed up my foot and been off it a couple of weeks. I had my first service done at the dealer since they gave me a $100 voucher for it. Having done the research, I will do the others when possible. The valve check could not be easier. Ride safe!

Greg

Bike
2020 Moto guzzi V85T
The valve check is not so dissimilar to the SOHC - four cylinders of the seventy's. Although the Guzzi does not have timing marks, my understanding is to use something like a straw or wooden dowel to find TDC and make sure both intake and exhaust are loose before adjusting. Pretty simple.

SarniaON

Brian Dunning
Site Supporter
Bike
Yamaha Tracer 9GT
STOC #
The valve check is not so dissimilar to the SOHC - four cylinders of the seventy's. Although the Guzzi does not have timing marks, my understanding is to use something like a straw or wooden dowel to find TDC and make sure both intake and exhaust are loose before adjusting. Pretty simple.
That’s how I did valve adjustments on my 2014 Stelvio NTX, using a plastic straw and making sure both the inlet and exhaust valve rockers were loose. Maintenance was super easy and the ride was great. Getting on in years, I bought a used 2021 Tracer 9GT in order to shed about 150 lbs off my ride. The Guzzi is still in the garage and will be sold as soon as the wiring to the horn is fixed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom