Has anyone tried installing cheap slip on mufflers ?

So I'd like to delete the cats and install lighter / straight through rear mufflers on my 2014 ST1300PA.
Ready to pull the trigger and buy a set of DELKEVIC cans with adapter pipes for around $500 -
But was wondering about the cheap no brand / mulitfit rear cans posted on ebay/amazon.
For $80 I can get a matching pair - and they look pretty decent IMOP. Might have to do a bit of cutting and welding and pick up some exhaust pipe bends to make them work -
but that would be a considerable savings over the $500 Delkevic cans.
Just wondering if anyone has attempted and what their results were .. or do I need to be the guinea pig ?cheap cans.jpgDelvick pipes.jpg

Last edited:
Bike
2002 ST1300A
Honestly I don’t believe the construction is very different - silencers are pretty basic in construction.
Materials & finishing ( =longevity) is a different story for Delkevic vs China ripoffs.

P.S. OEM ST13 silencers are made of a very high grade steel. I’d use that and finishing as a benchmark.

OP
OP
I bought some used Delks for 150. The problem with open pipes is low end power loss. They are lighter but had to pack em for low end power.
Did you need to pack the used Delkevic mufflers to remedy the low end power loss? If so, with what and how much did you use?

Bike
2011 ST_1300 PA
STOC #
I know, I really want to change out mine, but $500 is hard to come by these day for something I don't "NEED"

drrod

Site Supporter
Bike
'04 ST1300
STOC #
Bike
'04 ST1300 Blue STar
and they look pretty decent IMOP
I am not tempted to do this,,, because my 2012 ThunderSTruck runs so dang fine. But if I was,,, first I would try to find out a bit more about the dampening internals. Then,,, it is hard to argue with the price,, as long as it is all SST and carbon. I am not fond of big noise,,, so I would likely go with the 18" set. I am however very interested to hear how they work for you,,, cheers,,, CAt' btw,,, 1200 posts reached on my birthday too !!

Top Bottom