Hauling a bunkhouse XL St1300

sirepair

Let's RIDE!
Site Supporter
Bike
2003 ST1100P
STOC #
Those would also work. I already had one of the clamp mount units, so only needed to purchase 1 more.

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
One problem I'm hoping others here can address is seeing directly behind the trailer as in I can't. Has anyone had this problem and come up with solution?
Quick scan windshield mounted mirrors are an option for you. Not cheap though.
Quick-Scan™ / Shield

The mirrors are removable, but the self-adhesive pads remain on the windshield. To bad that they don't have an option available where the two pads clamp on to either side of the edge of the windshield with a screw type clamp similar to how a RAM ball clamp works. This would make them completely removable whenever the user likes.

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
Maybe the clutch and brake reservoir RAM mounts, to hold this dualsport styled mirrors?
The longer stalk would raise them above the handlebars, as opposed to the stock mirrors which are below.
Might look funky, but should give a clearer view over the top of the trailer.

Bike
ST-1300A '09/'12
2024 Miles
Not quite the same but maybe better than nothing if you can't view directly behind, but I'm wondering if anyone has tried mounting any of those small convex mirrors, I bought a couple but can't make up my mind if I want to try them only to be removing a patch of sticky glue. I find the mirrors very good and I keep my head on a swivel but I wouldn't mind a little more vision as vehicles come along side.
I have something similar to this:

Not sure how good they would be for seeing beyond a trailer but they're great for your blind spot. The key is that they're adjustable.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Before I got my ST all the previous bikes had those ubiquitous mirrors on stalks. And they were all so buzzy resolution and rear view acuity was all over the map.

They once kept me from seeing a CHP was trying to catch up to me from a very great distance. His single red spot lamp looked like a tiny pink blur. Eventually he drew close enough that I knew exactly what it was.

After that I replaced the right spindly factory Honda mirror with a short aftermarket mirror with a thicker stalk. It still vibrated but less than the left factory spindly and at a different RPM and/or speed. That worked out really well and did again on two other subsequent bikes.

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
AAACCKK! Those would make me paranoid that a glancing brush might rip that kit right off the reservoir.
You shouldn't be doing any brush glancing on this bike, anyway.
They're made for the streets, not the trails!
Sheeesh!

Top Bottom