HD anyone?

Bike
'99 ST1100 AX
May be an interesting bike for running around the wilds / outback, but being an HD first issue how reliable will it be ??
HD's are a little like Marmite - you either love it / them, or hate it / them ... ... I'm in the latter group :cool:

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
May be an interesting bike for running around the wilds / outback, but being an HD first issue how reliable will it be ??
HD's are a little like Marmite - you either love it / them, or hate it / them ... ... I'm in the latter group :cool:
Marmite or Vegemite - they both look like used wheel bearing grease to me! :biggrin:
Now that I think about it, wheel bearing grease would probably taste better ... :think1:

Bike
2006 ST1300A
2024 Miles
A two wheeled Jeep ???
How are they getting power to the front wheel ?
does it come with a low range transfer case ?
It will need a winch to help get it unstuck ........
And a high lift jack to get back upright.

Last edited:
Bike
2000 ST1100
Just my opinion but Harley Davidson could of used that money to improve their current models instead of a "styling exercise" type bike that they will wind of dropping it out of their inventory in a couple of years.

Bike
2005 st1300
I think that regardless of whether it is a great bike that ticks all the boxes of every die hard biker, it doesnt fit into the mold to a Harley buff. I think it will be a hard sell. Personally, I think the bike looks cool

sky.high

Site Supporter
Bike
The Honda of the day
STOC #
A water cooled DOHC HD, what will they think of next? Somehow I don't see the HD diehards getting into adventure riding, I wonder who else they think will buy it, didn't they already try this with the V-Rod.

Bike
91 ST1100
STOC #
Step right up folks! Plunk down your 16 Large and be the first to Beta Test our newest products! Naturally, all design flaws will be disavowed and repairs paid for by the Beta tester, ala the Twin Cam timing chain debacle...

schlep1967

Bill
Bike
GL1800
STOC #
Something about a huge radiator right behind the front wheel with a short rear fender section tells me if you actually go off-roading with that thing, you better bring some corks along. Your gonna have to plug up a few holes.

Bike
2000 ST1100
Step right up folks! Plunk down your 16 Large and be the first to Beta Test our newest products! Naturally, all design flaws will be disavowed and repairs paid for by the Beta tester, ala the Twin Cam timing chain debacle...
Funny you should say that because I know they were having problems with their new Milwaukee 8 engine having severe sumping problems. Wonder after3 years if they have found a cure?

Top Bottom