Heat from Engine! Again

I believe the ST1300 runs rather lean to pass emissions, right? That is also why the throttle is a little snatchy and why Turbo Toms Fuel Pressure Regulator (more fuel) resolves that a little.

Has the FPR helped anyone "cool down" their ST? Does it introduce more fuel which cools the combustion chambers?

Bull,

Thermotec or Turbo Tom's wrap should do the trick. Make sure to fully wrap the collectors to take the heat off of the feet. Read the posts on how to wrap. Make sure you're protected from the fiberglass in the wrap.

Wrapping the ST's headers has cooled down my bike considerably (and I was never uncomfortable).

Kevin

I have done three things that made a big difference in
the comfort level/heat management on my 05:

reflective aluminum foil insulation under the seat

seal where the front of seat meets the tank with foam
strip a la Spencer

install engine air deflectors

Hey, Bull,
I did a couple of things: wrap the pipes from header to the cans in the fiberglass wrap you can get from Honda shop for $50. I'm not real mechanically inclined so I know you guys can do it. I took me about 3 hours to remove the fairings, wrap and replace. i also used ordinary circular fasteners from lowe's hardware (i know they have a proper name, i just can't think of it) to secure the wrap. the other thing i did was ventilate (drill holes) on the inside pieces of fairing to increase airflow. some people simply pull them out completely.
Bull, this seemed to help cut heat by 50% but did not eliminate it completely. I wear draggin' jeans and aerostich combat touring boots which i have come to believe are simply the best riding boot period. Best protection with all day walk around comfort. This seems to take care of the rest of the heat problem for me. A lot of bikes i seem to like have heat issues, and this bike is one more in that category. But what it has to offer is worth it for me.
However, I don't think your wife will be happy until she is back on her bike. And you want her happy, don't you? :)

You might also try getting the throttle bodies synched.

Also, check and see what the bike is idling at - if it's idling a bit lean (less than 1000), it tends to be warmer - at least that's the case on my '06.

Top Bottom