Heat shields for frame side openings???

Bike
2021 Honda GL1800DCT
I noticed on an '09 ST1300 this weekend there are black plastic covers around the rear shock opening (left side) and the other frame openings where the calf and foot on each side are (frame openings). There is a frame opening on the right side where the battery is and two small triangular frame openings on each side of the bike. Can these be purchased for my 2003 somewhere? Let me know if you have a lead on these. Thanks.

Bike
GL1800A/ST1300A
You can buy them from the dealer- just look up parts fiche for 09 ST. Battery side installs easily. Shock side requires some fabrication of "L" bracket attached to fuse box protector plate and fabricate plastic piece for forward attachment hole. there is info and pictures on this site. Do not remember exactly where. Works good on my 05........

Lanny

Former Rider
Bike
None
STOC #
I bought mine from the local dealer. I think it was about 18-20 bucks for both. They're installed on my '05.

Lanny

Former Rider
Bike
None
STOC #
Other than fill the space do they do anything for heat or anything or are they just for looks?
They may help with heat a little, but not a tremendous difference. They do look nice though. I have an extra left side if you need it. Then you'd only have to order the right side...

SteveST1300

Site Supporter
Vendor
Bike
03&04 ST1300
STOC #
Thanks Lanny I will keep it in mind. Hey we will be down your way the week before Moonshine love to hook up with you. We will be staying in Franklin.

Lanny

Former Rider
Bike
None
STOC #
Thanks Lanny I will keep it in mind. Hey we will be down your way the week before Moonshine love to hook up with you. We will be staying in Franklin.
Please PM me in advance and I'll ride up to say Hi. Maybe we could meet for lunch at Caffe Rel in Franklin. Are you coming for the BRG?

Top Bottom