Heated grips that are smaller than stock...ideas on how to make this look better?

Bike
2003 ST1300
I’ve been installing Bikemaster heated grips, but they’re quite a bit shorter than the grips I took off...

Any ideas on what my options are to make this look better? The bar ends are all the way tightened in that picture so I can’t close the gap that way.

Is moving all the switchgear in the direction of the bar ends an option?

The throttle side is the same, worse I suppose as the white tube shows on that side.

Lesson for next time, measure the current grips before ordering new ones, turns out they’re not all the same size.

Attachments

Bike
2010 ST1300
You are going to have to make a filler for those. I used Oxfords that were too short and I used an O ring at each end. That won't help you, but you are going to have to be creative.

Bike
2010 Goldwing trike
What you can do is take the grips that you removed to put these on and measure and cut a section that will be a fit there. Remove the end pieces, slide it on and then put the bar ends back. Should look OK then.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
A clever fix on the cheap and it looks good. Somebody mentioned the specific model of Oxfords that fit the ST the best when it's time to replaces those or you get the urge.

OP
OP
HondaInTheSun
Bike
2003 ST1300
I hated that gap when I first fitted mine. I still have it but couldn't care less now !

Just one thought - does that fitment on the right hand bar stop the throttle from moving freely ?
Initially it did, I had to keep whittling the filler piece away until it didn't. Eventually got it right after a few tries. :)-)

Obo

Bike
'03 ST1300A
A clever fix on the cheap and it looks good. Somebody mentioned the specific model of Oxfords that fit the ST the best when it's time to replaces those or you get the urge.
I have the Oxford Touring grips on mine and there is still a gap on both sides. The throttle side is a bit less as I have a throttle lock between the heated grip and the switchgear. Somehting like this. 1572266670362.png

Top Bottom