Helmets Helmet Protective Bag

Bike
2010 ST1300
The last three helmets I bought came with a plush protective fabric bag. Aside from putting the new helmet in the bag once when it was new, I've never used these things, which are fancy enough that they probably cost the manufacturer (and the buyer) a few bucks. They just sit in my closet on the helmet shelf, sleeping or maybe hoping for another bag with which to mate.

Does anyone use their hat's storage bag?

Obo

Bike
'03 ST1300A
I do during the winter as my helmets sleeping bag. :)
I also keep any less frequently used helmets (wife's, kid's) in the bag (and usually in the box it came in) so it doesn't get bumped or scratched (especially the visor.)

Bike
2021 RE Meteor 350
My Arai came with a nice cloth bag that closes with a drawstring. I use it every year over the winter to keep dust off and just lay it over the helmet the rest of the year, as the helmet can sit there unused for weeks sometimes.

Sheriff41

Chuck
Bike
'05 ST1300A
STOC #
Yup, if I'm not going to be riding for a few days. The ones that came with our Schuberth helmets are pretty nice.

Bike
2010 Honda ST13
I hang my helmet on my bike in the garage. It gets scratched, abraded and dusty. I use a helmet liner to keep the schmutz off of my head, but it doesn't help to keep the helmet looking showroom pretty. I don't care. From a dozen feet away, I can't tell. It's a tool, not a piece or art.

Oh yeah, obviously, I threw away the bag it came in along with the box and most of the advertising material. And then I went for a ride and admired the beautiful bikes and gear that so many other riders display. I like seeing it... it won't be me.

Sunday Rider

Site Supporter
Bike
1997 ST1100
STOC #
I have an extra visor for my helmet and use the helmet bag to carry it in the pannier to keep it from getting scratched. In the winter I store the helmet in this bag and back in the box

Ryan_B

Site Supporter
Bike
2016 Honda ST1300PA
I use one every day. Well, every time I commute. It is my mobile luggage for my work clothes. I never put my helmets in them. ;-)

It is nice for the pannier, especially if you need to stuff something else in there on the way home. You can just mold the clothes around it.

Ryan

tonythecarguy

err... motorcycleguy
Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
The bag my helmets come in, is just like the bag Crown Royal comes in. I always keep it thinking I'll find a use for this some day...but never do.

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
I use the cloth bag to protect a spare face shield with a Pinlock when traveling.

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
I have more than one helmet, as I have an older street helmet for the rare passenger, and one for dualsporting.
The 2 non-daily lids are in those drawstring helmet keepers and a half-helmet in a zippered helmet bag that I only wear on the range when I'm coaching classes.
Full face on the streets, always. Creeps me out wearing the halfie, even just on the range under 30mph. But saves time taking off and putting on when I have to talk to students.

rjs987

Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
2022 Kymco AK 550
2024 Miles
STOC #
Since I ride through the cold months I don't ever need to store my helmet. It gets used too much to bother with putting in a bag just to take it out again.
Instead I use those bags as a laundry bag when camping. I have one or two others I use to hold riding gear liners that don't regularly use. It's still motorcycle related.

Every time I take my helmet off I put it in the bag it came with and put it in the pannier. Even for a qick run into the gas mart. Black helmet so don't want rubs or scratches and don't want it falling. Maybe if I lined the pannier I would consider just throwing it in without the bag.

OP
OP
Bike
2010 ST1300
Since I ride through the cold months I don't ever need to store my helmet. It gets used too much to bother with putting in a bag just to take it out again.
Instead I use those bags as a laundry bag when camping. I have one or two others I use to hold riding gear liners that don't regularly use. It's still motorcycle related.
Good idea. I use plastic bags we get from the grocery for dirty laundry. Also have a bunch in the bottom of my panniers for whatever random need that comes up.

Top Bottom