Helpful advise?

Bike
ST-1300
STOC #
First, I took the visor off my helmet and brought it in the house to clean. I didn't know Lisa wasn't aware that they were made to be removed. Look on her face was priceless. Second, I attach my Garmin to the dash via Velcro. While this works, it is very wobbly and I am always afraid that a bump will send it flying. I was thinking that I would like to have some sort of shelf that would sit across the dash and provide a flat surface to mount my radar detector and GPS on, but I wanted something that wouldn't look so out of place. Working out-of-town with another electrician buddy he suggested running in Bed Bath and Beyond and looking for a black cutting board that could be cut down and attached as a shelf. Little did I know, they did have a black cutting board. After a couple of minutes at the table saw and one drywall screw through the shelf into the dash.... I have a very functional shelf that is 10 times more stable than what I had and it actually looks ok. Wanted to post this in case anyone else was looking for a similar solution.

Steve

Bike
92 ST1100
Re: Hlepful advise?

Did the same thing cutting a piece the size of a Garmin. Stuck a couple pieces of 3M Scotch-Loc on both, mounted in center section of bars(ST1100) on plastic risers and using fitted aluminum bicycle accessory mounts, works like a champ. For those wanting pics of the other formed cutting board..........IMO, use your imagination to make the same;).

OP
OP
sglgoose
Bike
ST-1300
STOC #

Sorry guys, I'll get some pics up tonight. It'd be helpful if I could spell, such as the thread title.

Bike
2003 ST1300

Sorry guys, I'll get some pics up tonight. It'd be helpful if I could spell, such as the thread title.
Really Goose, it's OK, we all suck up sometimes and missspell things. I am interested in the pics too because I think I would like a shelph also. I tink I need an
enclosure though to reduce glaze from the son on my iphone super navigator.
Yur not any kin to those McCoys on the far side of the Tug are ya?? :D

OP
OP
sglgoose
Bike
ST-1300
STOC #

No, not a Hatfield. I am from civilized side of the state!! Joking for all you Eastern folk. I also bought a pair of in helmet speakers, very inexpensive, off Amazon. Ok for music not so great for my preferred audio books. I like my little shelf. I put one drywall screw in the center and it went into one of the little fake vents on top of the dash, so ended up, I don't even have an extra hole.

Attachments

Top Bottom