High capacity battery for ST1300

Interested in Odyssey battery box

• Sure, keep me informed on the box

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • Yes- interested in box and battery (must live in NorCal)

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bike
2012 ST1300A
A common police bike change is to replace the OEM battery with an Odyssey 545*. The OEM just runs out of gas too soon, when they have the bikes off and the emergency lights going (even LED). I'm putting one in my bike, just cause I "can"- seems prudent to have more juice (especially with electric farkles)

As part of that change, a new holder/box has to be installed- as the Odyssey is larger and goes in with a vertical orientation (same location). Long story short- if there is sufficient interest, I can order additional boxes from our fabricator, for folks here. For now, I'd like to poll to get a straw count and once it gets closer to ordering time, I will post pricing and pictures before anything is firmed up.

So give me a minute to figure out how to post a poll- please respond in the next week or two- I'll start it all over once we move forward.

John

*Odyssey 545 info here, if you are in Northern California I can get these batteries at a terrific price and meet up, elsewhere you are best served locally as freight would kill any savings; http://www.odysseybatteries.com/battery/pc545.htm

ScubaDave

Site Supporter
Bike
st 1300
STOC #
sorry I did not see where you said the batt box needed to be changed.

Bike
2007 ST1300
STOC #
I wish this would have come up before I bought my new Shorai. No I am good to go for a couple of years or more. But I did see that idling and running lighting and grip heater quickly draws on the battery.

OP
OP
NorCalBusa
Bike
2012 ST1300A
I wish this would have come up before I bought my new Shorai. No I am good to go for a couple of years or more. But I did see that idling and running lighting and grip heater quickly draws on the battery.
Yeah, I hope Shorai is successful. I'm not willing to jump in the new technology pool with so young a product.

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
John, I have been looking to install this battery in my 07 ST 1300 as I am coming up on four years on the original battery. Lets me know.

Mike

Bike
05 1300a
Hi !Just this week I put the 680 battery in my 85 ltd wing and it really cranks. I would say they are a good battery rr.

Bike
2006 ST1300
I've had my eye on doing this for my '06. I think I'd have to pay freight on the battery anyway so if you're OK with it I'd like to be at least considered for this. Of course I'd pay all shipping so if you can save enough money on the battery it might still be a better deal for me. In any case I'd be interested in the box. I should say that my bike is a non-ABS in case you think that might be an issue.

Mark

OP
OP
NorCalBusa
Bike
2012 ST1300A
Will do Mark. I can't vouch for the install on anything, as I haven't done it. I will be doing my bike though ('12 w/ABS) and that link posted above seems thorough enough. I'll take pics and measurements this weekend on the prototype and post 'em up.

Top Bottom