Homemade cruise control for a ST1300?

Bike
06 ST1300
I have the Audiovox CCS-100 on my 07 Bandit and love it. Years of abuse has given me the opportunity to live with Carpal Tunnel Syndrome in both wrists, so riding for long periods of time can be quite uncomfortable. I'm planning on picking up a ST-1300 in a few days that already had a trhottlemeister. I plan on replacing that system with another CCS-100.

Bike
2010 Honda ST13
It is 7/8 last I checked. As for mods. I had a hard time keeping the vista cruise from turning with the grip. Normally you have it set so the throttle cables hold it in place. The routing of them worked on my 1100 but not the 1300. I read where some people ran a screw through the Vista Cruise into the swith pod. I didn't like the idea of drilling a hole into it for the screw. In looking at t more is discovered the previous owner must have had a VC as there was already a hole there. So I figured a screw was the best option at thus point to plug the hole.

I have since gone to the Audiovox Cruise and love it.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
I attempted to mount the Vista Cruise on my 2010 ST1300. It is definitely a 1" bar and the Vista Cruise does not fit without modifying the inside diameter. So I did that, but I don't like the way it mounts against the switch pod. Even if I secured it with a screw, I'm just not 100% comfortable that it will never interfere with the throttle. All in all, the project was a bust.

I would consider the Throttlemeister, but at $137, I think it's too expensive for what it is.

I may try the Vista Cruise Universal, but it appears to take up space on the throttle grip itself. I don't think I would like that.

Top Bottom