How to remove delay valve in order to remove fork?

I am trying to remove the right fork to replace the fork seal. I have to remove the delay valve from the fork in order to remove the fork from the frame. However, the bolts attaching the delay valve to the fork are, well, messed up. They spin freely in both directions. They are obviously stripped. However, I cannot get them out simply by pulling on them. I am really perplexed by this one. I have a few questions. Are the bolt holes on the delay valve assembly threaded, or is only the plate behind the valve threaded?

How should I get these bolts off? I HAVE to get this fork seal fixed soon. But until the valve assembly comes off I cannot get the fork off of the bike to fix the seal. I have never encountered a bolt that spins freely in both directions and really dont know what to do ab out it.

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
You have to remove the wheel, the fender, and the bracket on the left fork leg that fixes the steel brake lines that cross the fender in place. If you remove these parts the plate with attached nuts behind the delay valve will pull away with the brake lines and the delay valve will be free. The bolts that hold the valve in place can and do stay in the holes in the valve.

Top Bottom