I Got A Blister Riding(Heat)

Louie Louie

Ok...first of all I am not selling my bike.

On my way to Colorado I went thru some extreme temps in CA & UT. I felt some heat on my left ankle area(facing the engine). I wore Givi boots and regular socks. When I arrived in Cedar City I had an ugly blister(more like a 2nd degree burn). The folllowing days I put a bandage and made sure my socks and boots were covering the area. No more problems but I still have a scar from it. Anyone had this problem.?

Whats up??

DeSTy

King of the Bling
Bike
ST1300
STOC #
If you had heat in you boots high enough to cause a blister on your skin, you would have known about it LONG before you arrived at your destination.

I'd suspect the boots/socks and long-distance vibration abrasion as the culprit before heat.

OP
OP

Louie Louie

If you had heat in you boots high enough to cause a blister on your skin, you would have known about it LONG before you arrived at your destination.

I'd suspect the boots/socks and long-distance vibration abrasion as the culprit before heat.
Yes indeed. I think it was a combination of things including temps of 108 near Las Vegas. Also, I think I had my left foot partly rubbing against the engine itself.
Thanks

STOC #
I rode through Red Bluff Ca on tour @ 105 degs and nothing got burned. Was wearing full gear and hot as hell though. Probably a friction/chafing thing.

Drew

dteel

Dana Teel
Bike
ST1300ABS
STOC #
Louie,

I had blisters on my right shin after riding through the CA desert on I-10 in 118 degree temperature. Yes, blisters formed. It's also the first time I've ever felt uncomfortable with the heat off the engine. Then again I was completely miserable and that injustice was just one more thing.

100MPG

Convert
Bike
'09 GoldWing
STOC #
This September, I went through the AZ/CA desert and it hit 111F! It was like riding in an oven but I had no blisters so could it have been chaffing like someone else mentioned?

And I say this. I would take 111F with very low humidity over Long Island, NY's 90F and 90% humidity! The latter is unbearable.

Top Bottom