I know, I know, trailers are for horses...

stellarpod

It's hungry in here...
Bike
'07 ST1300 ABS
STOC #
Planning a trip to S. Dakota/Wyoming at the end of August. My brother and his wife who live in Memphis, will be trailering their two trikes. I've been trying to decide how my wife and I are going to get the ST up there. Riding that distance is simply not an option for my wife. I looked at several different trailer options and decided on a RAD Industries Diamond Back. That is, until I looked at the price... :eek:4: About $2200 delivered to OKC.

Craigslist to the rescue! Found a used one here in Oklahoma City for less than half that price.

(That's my son)

Pretty cool deal.

• Trailer only weighs 350 lbs.
  • Nice, bright-finished Aluminum diamond tread
  • Chrome 13" wheels
  • Shock-assisted easy Tilt bed
  • Torsion Flex Axle
  • 1200 lb. capacity
  • Deck's only 12.5" high
  • Wheel chock

We loaded the ST up this evening. My first attempt at riding up the incline into the wheel chock was nerve-racking. But, once I did it a few times it was a piece of cake. Plenty of tie-down points (and more could be added if necessary). About the only thing missing is a spare, which I'll add before we head out. It pulls effortlessly

Only real downside I've seen so far is that, when empty you simply cannot see the trailer at all - it's just too low. This means backing it while unloaded is virtually impossible (at least for me).

I'll post again once I've put some miles on her.

Steve

Luckieeee!!!

can't tell you how long I have been looking for a similar trailer for a similar price. Let us know how it works out

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
As far as trailers go, that's a pretty cool looking one..

OP
OP
stellarpod

stellarpod

It's hungry in here...
Bike
'07 ST1300 ABS
STOC #
That is a slick looking trailer.

Pick up one of those long dune buggy/bicycle flags that you could mount on the trailer when it's empty so you can see it backing up.

http://www.gettysburgflag.com/Bicycle_Flags.php
Good idea, Mark. One on each of the back corners might be even better.

I've got a 16-ft. tandem trailer that we haul ATV's with. After wrestling that monster, this thing positively floats. :)

Steve

FOG

More power to you!

Call me a trailer queen I don't care. I even trailer 120 miles to ride in PA, because I LOVE to ride, but HATE to travel on a bike.

On straight road I get comatose in about an hour, and feel my attention and reactions are reduced, and on a bike, I don't like that feeling.

Put me on twisties and I will ride 10 hours with 110% attention and love every minute of it!

scootac

Will Ride for Food
Call me a trailer queen I don't care. I even trailer 120 miles to ride in PA, because I LOVE to ride, but HATE to travel on a bike.
FOG---
If you ever need to place to stow your trailer, let me know.
Got space for you right in the middle of,,, well you know the roads here!:D

OP
OP
stellarpod

stellarpod

It's hungry in here...
Bike
'07 ST1300 ABS
STOC #
We'll be in WY and SD early Sept!
Me on a blue 1300 and my wife on her black 1100,:hat3::hat3: if you see us:)
Have a good trip!

Excellent! We haven't really hammered out the details yet. Right now it's looking more like Cody than S. Dakota. But, when I get a plan firmed up I'll drop you a note.

Steve

Top Bottom