I need someone to help do the 40 Amp conversion

Bike
Honda ST1100 1995
I have tried all the avenues to find a 28 Amp alternator for my 1995 ST1100. My good friend, who is a life long Honda Motorcycle corporate employee (in the parts division), gave me some leads to Honda dealers that have been known to hoard parts, and all of them had nothing for sale.

I love my ST and I have no reason to get rid of it. I have other motorcycles, but three are mid-1980's sport bikes and an old Suzuki DR350 for trail riding. My wife and I have just moved from the suburbs of Chicago to Santa Fe, NM. The ST is currently sitting in a Honda dealer in Albuquerque. Back in Chicago I had a 6 car garage with two bays set up as a shop. In Santa Fe we are renting a house for a few months. It has a garage but, I don't like to tie it up as the owner uses it for his maintenance etc. The house we own has no garage and it is on top of a foothill that has a bad rock and gravel driveway up the hill. No motorcycles will ever make the house. All my tools are in storage. My work lift table is still back in Chicago waiting to come out. I am unable to to do anything.

I am going to talk to the one non-dealer repair facility in Santa Fe about doing the upgrade. If they are not interested or too expensive I will not have the work done there.

The other possibility is to find someone on the forum that is within a days drive from Santa Fe who has knowledge of how to do the update. I have a big (31') car hauler trailer and we will be bringing out an aluminum 2 bike open trailer on the next trip from Chicago.

I would be willing to trailer the the ST1100 to a city up to 600 or 700 miles from Santa Fe, NM. Cities like Kansas City, Denver, Dallas, Phoenix, Tucson, and even Houston (I have an old friend that I would like to visit), are possibilities. I will purchase all the necessary parts and, I will be willing to pay someone to help do the update.

Being retired my time is very flexible. If anyone could help me on this project I would be grateful.

I am a college educated (BA in Marketing; University of Arizona, 1968) individual who earned his living in Video Production and still photography. I was Pennzoil's Indy Car photographer for over 10 years. Shooting in and around Team Penske (Rick Mears) and Jim Hall Racing (John Andretti, Teo Fabi and Gil de Ferran).

If you can help me with this project please contact me.

Thanks,
Michael

fnmag

R.I.P. - 2020
Rest In Peace
Bike
'06 ST1300/Burgmn400
He hasn't been on the forum since Oct, 2018.
I do hope he has sorted out the alt. exchange.

Top Bottom