Ideas for an RTE in the age of Covid19

Bike
2001 ST1100
STOC #
Fellow social distancers,

Like many of you I have an itch to get out and ride. As restrictions on traveling start to ease the possibility of an RTE is enticing. Assuming that sit down restaurants will continue to have restrictions on large groups, what would an RTE look like?

I see a couple of options:

1. Brown bag it. Everyone meets at a park and brings a lunch.
2. Pick a take-out with an option to eat outside
3. Find a place with sufficiently loose seating and spread out to comply with spacing requirements

What other ideas are out there? Any suggested venues meeting the above criteria? At this point I'd be happy to share a pizza in a Costco parking lot if I can get a ride in.

Dave

Bike
VStrom 650
Fellow social distancers,

Like many of you I have an itch to get out and ride. As restrictions on traveling start to ease the possibility of an RTE is enticing. Assuming that sit down restaurants will continue to have restrictions on large groups, what would an RTE look like?

I see a couple of options:

1. Brown bag it. Everyone meets at a park and brings a lunch.
2. Pick a take-out with an option to eat outside
3. Find a place with sufficiently loose seating and spread out to comply with spacing requirements

What other ideas are out there? Any suggested venues meeting the above criteria? At this point I'd be happy to share a pizza in a Costco parking lot if I can get a ride in.

Dave
In England at the moment it would be a sandwich from a supermarket and not much else. All cafes and restaurants are just about closed but one or two chip shops are starting to open. There goes the diet :strawberry1:.
Upt'North.

kiltman

Site Supporter
Bike
2002,ST1100ABS
STOC #
We have the technology...depending on what camp you’re in and whether you have a modular helmet...the camps being Cardo or Sena.
It could be a RTD ride to destination, and brown bagging it. With the mesh technology and flipping up your modular helmet you can have conversations with ease, social distance, and consume. ;)

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
Here in Lincoln County we are open to phase two. Only two cases of virus two months ago. Restaurants are opening with tables of max 5. 6 feet between tables. Half of the allowed max occupancy. Our marina restaurant will be open for Memorial day weekend.

There are good burger joints open in Wilber and Creston. Not much of a ride for me...but the rest of you could get some miles in.

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
At some WA drive thru locations they will only serve you if you are in a car or truck, no walk ups. Not sure how they would handle a bike......

One person brings ham, another mayo, cheese, lettuce,tomato,chips, dip, ...sandwiches for lunch.

st11ray

2006 ST1300
Bike
'06 ST1300
STOC #
At some WA drive thru locations they will only serve you if you are in a car or truck, no walk ups. Not sure how they would handle a bike......
I've gone through Chik fil a on my bike before. I've also gone through a Wendy's. They always ask me how am I going to carry it. I unzip my jacket halfway and stuff it in there and ride off. No problems. I've never ordered a drink at the drive thru on my bike though.

Bike
2010 ST1300
I've gone through Chik fil a on my bike before. I've also gone through a Wendy's. They always ask me how am I going to carry it. I unzip my jacket halfway and stuff it in there and ride off. No problems. I've never ordered a drink at the drive thru on my bike though.
Somebody was selling a drink holder in another post recently....

st11ray

2006 ST1300
Bike
'06 ST1300
STOC #
Somebody was selling a drink holder in another post recently....
I just can't do the drink holder. I use a CamelBak on long rides and keep a water bottle in my saddlebag on shorter rides. The drink holder just looks too "old man" to me. I know that doesn't make a lot of sense but that's just me.

st1300doug

Our local Club......has adjusted to do do RTP's. (Ride To Picnic) Buy a subsammich....ride...then fing a neat place to sit outside, picnic tables.......where ever. Been kinda fun. Easy maintain 'social distancing.' Try it out.....

OP
OP
MV_Dave
Bike
2001 ST1100
STOC #
That's what I had in mind Doug. A spot where we can be outside and spread out, bonus points if there's good take-out options nearby. Good to know its working for you. Thanks.

OK Team Washington, what are some suggestions that meet that criteria? Some place somewhat central so both East and West can join in?

Top Bottom