Impressed with PR3's

Bike
2013 st 1300
I've put around 13000 miles on my set of PR3's. The only reason I'm changing the rear is I'm going for a 4500 km ride this weekend and don't know how good it would be in the rain. It still has tread, even the siping in the middle is intact. I may be getting unusual milage tho. The dealer told me he hasn't seen the ST riders here getting that much milage on them. I primarily ride on the highway at reasonable speeds, (between 70 and 80), and live in an area with lots of turns.

I highly reccomend them to anyone who rides in a similar manner.

Wade

Bike
FJR & Super Tenere
STOC #
I like them too - for their compromise between grip and mileage. I've never got anywhere near that mileage out of them. 10,000 miles at most. I've had four sets.

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Well you must be easy on the throttle to get that kind of miles out of them, good on you for making them last.

OP
OP
cldiver
Bike
2013 st 1300
The shop just called and told me that the front is worn enough to replace as well. I thought it looked OK but I trust this shop. I think I get so far because I ride on the highway mostly , no hard acceleration or hard cornering.

I have ridden thru several heavy rain storms and was seriously impressed with these tires in those conditions.

Jeff F, you'll have to go back to the slower ST, all that extra HP is chewing up the tires (smile).

Bike
FJR & Super Tenere
STOC #
I have ridden thru several heavy rain storms and was seriously impressed with these tires in those conditions.
Have you ever followed anyone w/ PR3s on in the wet, and seen those sipes pump water? Interesting design. It works!

Phartz

Pat Thompson
Bike
'06 ST1300
STOC #
I've got a few hundred miles on my first set of PR3s and like 'em in the dry so far. New tires always feel so good though, don't they? No water to pump here in SoCal don't know about that aspect yet. Even De Luz Canyon didn't have a water crossing for me. :(

Top Bottom