Indian Scout (test ride)

Bike
09 ST1300A
I recently got to test ride the Indian Scout October 2022 at Wagner Motorsports, Worcester, MA
It was on a 2021 Scout - used 400 miles. I rode it alone about 4 miles, then again with my wife another 5 miles.
I really liked the style, weight & low seat height. It handled good, it took a bit to get use to forward controls, but I got it quickly.

Ride was decent with me on it alone, but the Scout has only 3” rear wheel travel.
Ride with my wife on with me was stiff, bottomed out once, due to very little rear wheel travel left when riding two up.
Her seat area was hard, minimal seating area, tapered / pointed.
The passenger pegs are closer to her seat than on my ST1300, causing her legs to be bent more than 90 degrees.
That position made it harder for her to get up (get off) from that tight knees bent position.

I am disappointed because I really like the Scouts looks, style, build quality and sound. Cool, nice looking machine.
I've decided to stick with my 2009 Honda ST1300, (76,300 miles) it has many feature I like: nice ride, comfy seats, power windscreen,
power adjust headlight, heated grips.
My wife likes it and likes to ride with me :thumb: . I will just have to live with its 730 pounds.

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
I'm glad Indian had achieved that rare reinvention / resurgence, others have not.
Hello, Norton.
That said, nothing about the Indian motorcycle excites me, even though I have their blood.

diferg

Dan & Ingrid
Bike
2006 ST 1300
I'm glad Indian had achieved that rare reinvention / resurgence, others have not.
Hello, Norton.
That said, nothing about the Indian motorcycle excites me, even though I have their blood.
YES ! Wake UP Norton! (I loved the 750 commando.) EDIT I think it was a Sport Tourer!

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom