Intermittent Code 19

Bike
Honda ST1300 2008
Hi guys,

I have been battling an issue with my 2008 St1300 where it intermittently runs rough and stall at low speed or idle. Does seem to be worse when the weather is hot or in heavy town traffic. It stalled today just down the road from my house (luckily) and was giving code 19 (Ignition Pulse Generator Sensor).

I'm going to be removing and inspecting the connection to the sensor today but thought I would ask if anyone has had this before? Ive done some searching on the forums but I haven't found any solid answers yet. Any help diagnosing would be greatly appreciated.

I have replaced battery and fuel pump assembly (issue was present before this) so I'm guessing the sensor may be on the way out or dodgy wiring harness.

Thanks in advance.

Bike
VFR750F, ST1300
Did you get this done?

Wiring tends to get melted with heat and short out against metal nearby. So you’ll want to inspect entire length of cable run.

Better way to verify is backprobe connector at sensor-connector and scope signal. Then scope that signal at ECM connector. Both waveforms should be identical. Otherwise you’ve got bad wiring in between.

Top Bottom