Is it the Nitrogen or the PR2.....

Bike
'07STA
STOC #
that makes my bike this smooth? My OEM Dunlop were hard at new which was May 2007 and got noisey not far down the road. These new Michelin have been on my bike for 3-400km so far and they are like riding in my '00 VW TDI.. floats down the road...

So did anyone else try PR2's with nitrogen and then with air pressure?:07biker: to compare the difference

Last edited:

Rich R

GLMC-127 TS-671 IBA-37479
Bike
K1600 GTLE
STOC #
that makes my bike this smooth? My OEM Dunlop were hard at new which was May 2007 and got noisey not far down the road. These new Michelin have been on my bike for 3-400km so far and they are like riding in my '00 VW TDI.. floats down the road...

So did anyone else try PR2's with nitrogen and then with air pressure?:07biker: to compare the difference

I can't say what the total effects of Nitrogen in the tire will be.....Maybe less pressure buildup as the tire warms. I have not noticed any difference in the ride between warm and cold yet.

But PR2s run SO SMOOTH compared to the 020 and 021s......I was really surprised. I am heading out on a 2k little trip this week, a mixed bag of interstate and twisties, I look forward to "testing" :)

Rich

Bike
ST1300 SOLD
STOC #
PR2s are the best tire's I've had on the ST so far. I just got home from a 73xx mile trip and they hardly show any wear. Pretty sure these will run 10K+ and felt great on any road surface I was on.

Bike
2012 Kawasaki C14
STOC #
I have a different review of the PR2's. I will post my take on them in another threads.

Blue STreak

Bob Meyer
STOC #
42 psi is 42 psi, whether its "air," nitrogen or mayonaise. And all gases expand at equal rate with changes in temperature (google "ideal gas law" and related topics). The lack of water in nitrogen (assuming the shop that did the work uses dryers and maintains them properly) may have a very slight impact on pressure increase, but only slight.

Any change in running is related to the tires, not the nitrogen.

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
42 psi is 42 psi, whether its "air," nitrogen or mayonaise. And all gases expand at equal rate with changes in temperature (google "ideal gas law" and related topics). The lack of water in nitrogen (assuming the shop that did the work uses dryers and maintains them properly) may have a very slight impact on pressure increase, but only slight.

Any change in running is related to the tires, not the nitrogen.
Well said, Bob. "Regular" air is 87% nitrogen, can't see it making much diff to be 100%. The humidity might make a diff, but air around here is pretty darn dry anyway. I expect it's the tires, not what they're filled with.

Mayonnaise may _become_ a gas under the right circumstances. Explosive, too. :D

TMUS

MSF Instructor 32 years
Bike
2006 ST1300a(Marvin)
STOC #
So if you were to have a tire filled in Arizona where it's dryer than here in Michigan would/could you get a higher % of nitrogen? :confused:

Top Bottom