Is there a way around lost PIN & Security Location on Zumo 660?

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
I bought a Garmin Zumo 660 on ebay. The silly thing is locked by PIN.

The ONLY WAY that Garmin says it can be unlocked is to go to the Security Location.

Well, who knows where that is.

My option at this point is to take the case off and replace my old 660 with this case (it is a nice case).

Any ideas?

docw1

Bill Rankin
Bike
2012 ST1300A
STOC #
Can you connect it to your computer and see anything? Or how about doing a complete reset by turning it on while touching one of the screen corners (I forget just which one now)?

OP
OP
SupraSabre

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Yeah, I tried both ways and a couple others from YouTube, and nothing got past the PIN.

SO I tore both units apart, and used the case and touch screen from the ebay unit and with my old 660 (that had a broken case) and got it working.

I did lose the sound (not sure why it's not working) and dimmer (one of the really delicate pins broke off, when putting it back together), which I'm really not concerned with.

I'm updating the maps on my refurbished unit now! ;)

And the guy is sending me 50% back, since the unit wasn't going to work without the pin. When he had it (he bought it from a Thrift store), it wouldn't even power up, since the battery was bad. So he really wasn't sure of it either.

At least my 660, now has a really nice case and the touch screen works just fine! :)

Top Bottom