Ist Tip Over - Brainfart

Bike
ST1300 ABS
STOC #
Well it finally happened?arrived home from a great ride and went to open the garage door. Thought I put the side stand down and I?m not sure whether or not it went down or popped back up. You know the next part?leaned her over and she just kept going. Oops, BRAINFART. So I laid her down as nice and gentle as a 700+ pound dead weight can be laid down.
Now here?s the best part. ..You know all the videos on the technique of picking up a dropped bike [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sP3cqKbOEs"]YouTube - How To Pick Up a Dropped Motorcycle ?well I assumed the position and walked her right back up, secured the kickstand and Voila?Piece of cake. More importantly a lot of confidence gained on how easy it was to pick her up. Checking for damage, all she had was a little scrape on the tip over wing. WOW. Lucky I was able to lay her down as gently as I did, no bag damage?NADA.
So, I just ordered a new tip over wing from Cheap Cycle Parts $14.55 http://www.cheapcycleparts.com/products/361822-honda-64265-mcs-g01-hard-parts-cover-l-engine-guard She?ll be good as new next week.:D

Silver Bullet

Retired
Bike
2020 Tracer 900 GT
Glad to here no damage ,just proves that the tip over wings do work ! Check and check again on the side stand !

:slv13: MIKE

Bike
2000 ST1100
Had mine today. Felt a right pillock. For the Brits that know Hollingworth Lake, well I had a ride out there this am. At the end of the lake the road goes down to not much more than a dirt track. Worried that I might not be able to turn round I reversed on a slope. I felt it go so I put my foot down to stop it, to find nothing but gravel. I reckon I rolled twice as the track was quite steep. I used the time honoured lifting technique with remarkable success. Oh well its experience.

Paul

Stump

Site Supporter
Bike
VFR1200X
STOC #
Yep, it ain't "if" its "when". Seeing the correct righting technique helps a bunch. I also am glad them plastic pieces is cheap 'cause I've had to replace both sides!

Tom Mac 04a

Site Supporter
Bike
04 ST1300a
STOC #
Checking for damage, all she had was a little scrape on the tip over wing.
FYI, one of those scubbies the wife uses on her feet/heels ( mini cheese grater )to smooth out the scrapes and a TINY bit of flame from a lighter or propane torch usu make the plastic look great too. Since it's usu on the lower side of wing, not really noticable

Top Bottom