It happens to the best of us! I need a lead

Bike
2017 BMW R1200GSA
I returned home from a brief ride the other night and pulled in to the garage. I got off the bike and went to put it on the center stand as I normally do. The bike rolled about 7/8 of the way onto the center stand and couldn't quite get over the hump. I guess I didn't pull back hard enough. The bike started to roll forward and the weight shifted away from me. I threw all of my 190 lbs in the opposite direction to no avail. Down she went partially on top of the lawn mower and some nearby buckets! I somehow managed to step in between all that stuff and get the bike back up. The damage....I got a 2" crack in the corner of the upper cowl (or front cowl or nosepiece, the one with the Honda emblem) by the right side mirror. The right side mirror cover also has a couple of scratches. There are a couple of other minor dings but the nosepiece and mirror cover have to be replaced.

That leads to my question....where can I get some replacement OEM parts? Are there instructions on this site to R&R the nosepiece? I've seen the instructions for removing the side covers on this site but not the front cover.

TXRoadRash

FWDoc
Bike
2008 GL1800
Honda DirectLine Parts has them, and has a 10% off sale using the code JULY4 going on now.

I know that some folks have complained about their service (sometimes very slow) in the past, so keep that in mind. I've dealt with them, had problems, worked it out, and bought other items trouble free. JMO

Byron

STOC #
I've used Service Honda in the past for my parts.

Unless you have a manual I don't think anyone has documented the front removal on the site. It's not that hard you just need to start taking things off. Windhield needs to be removed, side panel, remove screws from dash and that's pretty much it. You'll need to remove the headlight assembly and the tip-over sensor and put them in the new plastic and then reverse the process.

Sorry to hear about the drop but as you can see I've had my share. :eek::

Don't know what year your bike is so this is just an example:

01 COWL (UPPER) *NHB01* (GRAPHITE BLACK)
64210-MCS-G00ZL 001 Retail $327.40 Your Price $223.29

05 COVER, R. *NHB01* (GRAPHITE BLACK)
88111-MCS-G00ZJ 001 Retail $82.29 Your Price $62.01

OP
OP
Bike
2017 BMW R1200GSA
Thanks for the leads. My bike is 2008. I ordered from the Honda Line Direct Parts site. The website address seems to have changed recently. It's now www.hdlparts.com

I got the 10% discount with the coupon code but they charged me tax because I'm in FL. However, the total cost still came out a few bucks cheaper than the Service Honda site.

OP
OP
Bike
2017 BMW R1200GSA
Update: I ordered the parts on 6/30/10, received a shipping confirmation on 7/06/10, and received the parts on 7/09/10. No problems whatsoever with Honda Direct Line. The parts were shipped from Ohio.

I installed the parts on Saturday. The mirror cover took about 5 minutes and the upper cowl took about 5 hours :confused:. I was surprised (or maybe shocked) to see the entire headlight assembly come off when I removed the upper cowl. I guess I was expecting the headlight assembly to remain in a fixed position and for only the upper cowl to come off. The thought of re-installing everything seemed a bit overwhelming at the moment. Somehow I managed to reinstall everything. I took the bike out for a ride Saturday night. The headlight seems to be pointing in the right direction and it didn't fall off so I guess everything is OK for now.

Top Bottom