J&M CB 2003 issue

I am currently trying to troubleshoot a problem with J&M CB 2003 and my elite series headsets. I can hear the music from my XM, but the mics don't not work when try to communicate with the passenger. Has anyone expenience this problem or have a solution.

Appreciate your help

Thanks
RJ

STOC #
RJ,
You may have the vox set too high so that they will not activate. I believe it is the knurled grey knob you pull out and turn to adjust. Set it in the middle and test. You may need to readjust again while ridding to get it where you want it to activate. Check your owners manual for the prodedure for the VOX settings. I can not find my manual at the moment to check.

Bike
1997 ST1100 ABS
STOC #
Is this a new problem, or has it always been there? If it's always, been that way, one little-known adjustment is available: if you pull the volume knob out, it adjusts the volume of rider-to-passenger volume. Of course, push it back in when done, and you're back to adjusting CB volume.

Maybe that helps...

STOC #
Is this a new problem, or has it always been there? If it's always, been that way, one little-known adjustment is available: if you pull the volume knob out, it adjusts the volume of rider-to-passenger volume. Of course, push it back in when done, and you're back to adjusting CB volume.

Maybe that helps...
Opps! J&M CB2003 does not have VOX control. As noted above for volume control. My older J&M Audio-Pac has the VOX control.

OP
OP
Not sure if this problem existed before, cause I bought the bike used, previous owner assured me that it was functioning properly. I will keep trying solve the issue.

Thanks everyone

RJ

Bike
2018 Gold Wing
STOC #
If you are using J&M's headsets, the short cord is notorious for breaking the mic wire. Test it with another cord from another helmet.

STOC #
With the unit on, you should be able to hear yourself talk. While talking, pull the on/off/vol knob out and rotate it to adjust the volume. Also, takae a look at the display - if it says "BUSY" that means the cb is receiving which will turn off the intercom. If that is happening rotate the inside ring of the on/off/vol knob until the BUSY goes out and see if that helps.

Top Bottom