J & M CB antenna mounting

Has anybody installed the 2003 J & M CB with 3 foot antenna on an ST1100.
I bought it and they only make a licence plate bracket that does not fit because the plate is recessed from the bags and I also have a GIVI trunk. I think I will have to make my own bracket. Any ideas?:06biker:

Don-STOC237

STealer
Bike
Suzuki GSX1250FA-ST
STOC #
I used a 1 inch x 3/16 inch piece of aluminum barstock, purchased at Home Depot or someplace like that.

Just measure it, making it long enough to go wider than your topbox if you have one, drill a couple of appropriate holes, and round off the edges. I've seen other guys do this using two antennas (car radio and cb, for example) by making the barstock stick out on both ends.

You can drill it to mount your antenna or clamp it on like I did here, depending on your antenna.

If you have a Givi mount like I have, you'll need to get some longer bolts to go through both, and possibly remove some shims from the rear of the mounting plate, or add some, to make it level. You can get stainless bolts of the right size at HD also.

Attachments

Bike
'05 ST1300
STOC #
Motorcycle Larry makes a mount for the ST1300. You might check his website for a photo; it may be adaptable. Very well made.

OP
OP
Thanks guys. Don is yours in the way if you ride a passenger? That was my first thought. My second thought is moving it back farther. buy some longer bolts for the Givi rack and mount it under neath the givi rack.

Brian

99 st1100
96 Pacific Coast

Don-STOC237

STealer
Bike
Suzuki GSX1250FA-ST
STOC #
Thanks guys. Don is yours in the way if you ride a passenger? That was my first thought. My second thought is moving it back farther. buy some longer bolts for the Givi rack and mount it under neath the givi rack.

Brian

99 st1100
96 Pacific Coast
I never ride passengers, but I wouldn't think so. My Givi topbox has a backrest that would put the passenger farther forward than the antenna.

BTW, I notice you have a 99 ST and a 96 PC. I have a 98 ST1100A and my wife rides a '95 PC800. Cool. :D

Top Bottom